cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnthrzrule
Advocate I
Advocate I

SharePoint Calendar - Update Item - Flow Changes Start and End Times to Wrong Time

I am using a flow to update a field (email sent) in a calendar item when items are changed. 

• The start/end times are required so I have to include those fields in the update item box
  • I am NOT calling for the start/end times to be touched at all - meaning I don't want them to be touched
  • However, flow insists upon changing my start end times

I have seen MANY convert time zone posts and tried some of them but the time is always off by an hour or two or three or four etc...but I haven't found anything that specifically pertains to flow automatically changing start/end times on calendar events and how to stop it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Waiting on a call from Microsoft and kind of freaking out because this is a rebuild of a SP 2010 workflow that will be dead come Nov 1.

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Here's what I suspect is happening.  You are using the dynamic content for Start and End Times to populate the dialog, but you are also setting the Timezone to the local timezone.  That's why the times are shifting.  The Start and End times are stored in UTC, so when you use those without modification, but specify a timezone it will shift the times to the local timezone to save them and then covert them to UTC.  That's why they move.  The easiest fix is to specify UTC as the timezone in the update.  Then the times in the event won't shift on the calendar.  When a user opens it they will report it as being created in the UTC time zone, but it will still show in the right place.  The alternative is to shift the Start and end times to the appropriate timezone values before saving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to reply! So here is a screen shot of what I have done based on the general ideas I have gathered. This results in the original times being pushed back 3 hours. Someone please let me know where I'm screwing this up! Thank you for anything you can add.

• The regional settings for the site collection are on utc -6 central and I live in central time zone

Time-Zones.png

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Sorry, I'll have to take a look at the details of what you are doing.  When you said Event I assumed Calendar Event.  For Calendar events the Time zone is a required property.  See Below

image.png

Since you are using a SharePoint list its a bit more complex.  Let me take a look and see what I can come up with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,045)