Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DarkBul84
Level: Powered On

SharePoint: Cannot set ID in "Get Files Properties"

Hi,

i'm quite new to flow and i'm trying to build a flow to send an email with a file attached when a file is created.

In the library i have a properties which contain the recipient address.

So i build the flow like this:

- When a file is created in a folder

- Get File content

- Get File Properties

- Send an email from a shared Mailbox

But in the "Get File Properties" step i cannot set the Id field, no dynamic content is proposed.

How can i correct this things?

<EDIT>

I already tried creating a completely new Flow

</EDIT>

Sans titre.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint: Cannot set ID in "Get Files Properties"

Hi @DarkBul84,

I think this issue is related to the trigger of your flow. I have created a SharePoint library on my side and the data structure of it as below:

16.JPG

Note: The Recipient address column is a Person or Group type column.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" trigger, specify Site Address and Library Name.
  • Add a "Get file content" action, specify Site Address and File Identifier field set to Identifier dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a "Get file properties" action, specify Site Address and Library Name, the Id field set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a "Send an email from a shared mailbox" action, To field set to Recipient address Email dynamic content of the "Get file properties" action. Attachment Name field set to File name with extension dynamic content of the trigger, Attachment Content field set to File Content dynamic content of the "Get file content" action.

Image reference:17.JPG

Please take a try to modify your trigger into the "When a file is created (properties only)" trigger or the "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" trigger, then try your flow again to check if issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
DarkBul84

Did i do something wrong?

Any help appreciated ;-)

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DarkBul84,

I think this issue is related to the trigger of your flow. I have created a SharePoint library on my side and the data structure of it as below:

16.JPG

Note: The Recipient address column is a Person or Group type column.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" trigger, specify Site Address and Library Name.
  • Add a "Get file content" action, specify Site Address and File Identifier field set to Identifier dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a "Get file properties" action, specify Site Address and Library Name, the Id field set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Add a "Send an email from a shared mailbox" action, To field set to Recipient address Email dynamic content of the "Get file properties" action. Attachment Name field set to File name with extension dynamic content of the trigger, Attachment Content field set to File Content dynamic content of the "Get file content" action.

Image reference:17.JPG

Please take a try to modify your trigger into the "When a file is created (properties only)" trigger or the "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" trigger, then try your flow again to check if issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DarkBul84

Hi,

Thanks to @v-xida-msft your print screen point me to the problem.

It's not the trigger that's not working as in the get File Content Step i have all the properties and the flow is "running".

The problem is that in the send an email step i don't had the properties.

So i added a Get file properties step and that allow me the fill the Send an email step.

Which in my view is crazy as the first step "When a file is created (properties only)" it return the properties well they are just not usable in an email...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 63 members 3,898 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: