Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Copy action returns "Access denied" error



I've a flow where I use SharePoint "Copy" action. This flow was working fine without errors, but since today my flow is returning an error.


The returned error is:

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

And this is my Copy action:




Variable "SharePointSiteName" is just a string containing a SharePoint site name without the trailing slash, so, for example a complete value of "Destination Site Address" could be:

Obviusly I checked permissions on both sites and I'm owner in each site, also I checked SitePages document library and I was owner even in that specific library.


The flow last modify was in April, so I don't know what is changed. How can I resolve this issue?

Super User
Super User

Hello @Pepozzo 

Have you checked the connection information of the action? Could you recreate the connection and test it again?



Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pepozzo ,


The "Site Address" should be as below:


Please take a try to choose the site address from the drop down list with type above to see if your issue could be solved.


Best Regards,



Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-alzhan-msft ! Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion is valid only for test purpose because the site name has to be a variable. The flow is triggered from a SharePoint list item where a column value is the site name, so it changes each run. 

Frequent Visitor

Quick update

I've tried to remove "Copy" action and I added another SharePoint REST call. 

This call simply get items from a list but it doesn't work returning an access denied error. My user is owner of the site and owner of the site collection, so I can't understand why it is returning these errors. If I browse to the site with the same user I can see the site correctly.


Also I've recreated the connection but it did not help.

Hi @Pepozzo ,


Have your problem been solved now?


Best Regards,



Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alzhan-msft  


No, my issue is still there. I tried to create new connection, and to export/re-import my flow but nothing worked. I really don't know what happened. As I said before I'm using the site collection administrator and also I'm authorized with Full Control permissions in sites created from flow, so I can't figure out how can be a permission problem.


Is there some site collection feature that could cause this problem if activated? 

Regular Visitor

Did anyone manage to find a solution for this problem??

Just got the same error for the first time in a flow I've been running for the past 2 weeks. It seems that it is a random error in my case.


Editing to say that I found why I got the error: the user running the flow didn't have the editing permission in a single item in the SharePoint list. That was it. Although the user had "total control" permission to the list, this single item was read only. 

Helpful resources

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,233)