cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Copy action returns "Access denied" error

Hello!

I've a flow where I use SharePoint "Copy" action. This flow was working fine without errors, but since today my flow is returning an error.

The returned error is:

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

And this is my Copy action:

picovile.JPG

Variable "SharePointSiteName" is just a string containing a SharePoint site name without the trailing slash, so, for example a complete value of "Destination Site Address" could be:

https://mytenant.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite

Obviusly I checked permissions on both sites and I'm owner in each site, also I checked SitePages document library and I was owner even in that specific library.

The flow last modify was in April, so I don't know what is changed. How can I resolve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Pepozzo 

Have you checked the connection information of the action? Could you recreate the connection and test it again?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pepozzo ,

The "Site Address" should be as below:

1.png

https://mytenant.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite

Please take a try to choose the site address from the drop down list with type above to see if your issue could be solved.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-alzhan-msft ! Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion is valid only for test purpose because the site name has to be a variable. The flow is triggered from a SharePoint list item where a column value is the site name, so it changes each run. 

Quick update

I've tried to remove "Copy" action and I added another SharePoint REST call. 

This call simply get items from a list but it doesn't work returning an access denied error. My user is owner of the site and owner of the site collection, so I can't understand why it is returning these errors. If I browse to the site with the same user I can see the site correctly.

Also I've recreated the connection but it did not help.

Hi @Pepozzo ,

Have your problem been solved now?

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alzhan-msft  

No, my issue is still there. I tried to create new connection, and to export/re-import my flow but nothing worked. I really don't know what happened. As I said before I'm using the site collection administrator and also I'm authorized with Full Control permissions in sites created from flow, so I can't figure out how can be a permission problem.

Is there some site collection feature that could cause this problem if activated? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (88,763)