Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jakey-demo
Level: Power Up

SharePoint Custom Columns for Document Copy to New Library

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to copy a document to a new library when a new document is uploaded, but need it to route to different locations based on a required field.  The required field could be a dropdown column or a managed metadata column pending if either is possible or easier.

Example:  Upload document to document library 1, user enters required location field (dropdown or managed metadata column) and based on the selection it routes to a specific document library folder location somewhere else.

I can get the copying to work fine, but the "IF" statement based on the user selection I am unable to find a way.

Thanks in advance!  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Custom Columns for Document Copy to New Library

Hi Jakey,

It is not possible to achieve this in flow so far. Per my understanding, your requiement will have 2 triggers, when a new file is created in a library and when a user create a new record somewhere. This cannot be done.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
abm
Level 10

Hi @jakey-demo,

If it is a SharePoint list you can access a dropdown value using the IF condition. Can you please post your Flow screen shot and SharePoint library type (list or document library)?

Thanks

jakey-demo
Level: Power Up

Hi @abm and @v-monli-msft,

I have a document library in SPO with a custom column that is a dropdown containing three selections (Location 1, Location 2 and Location 3).  A user will upload a new document, enter in the dropdown field as it is a required field before being checked in and pending the selection the user makes the Flow will send a copy to another document library outside of the current SharePoint site.  I have tried multiple ways of doing the send step and the below screenshot is one of the many that failed.  Please note that I am open to other ways for the selection of the location to happen, but figured either a dropdown colum or a managed meta data colum would be the easiest.

The Flow should work as follows:

Step 1 - When new item (document) is created *Can do this*

Step 2 - If "Location = Location 1" proceed to Step 3 else do nothing *Unable to get the condition to work*

Step 3 - Copy item to document library 2 *Can do this*

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

kosmoxxx
Level: Powered On

Hi Jakey,

did you find a solution for that? I need the same, too and cannot find appropriate way.
If anyone has an idea?

Thanks, kosmoxxx

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 4,571 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: