cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SharePoint Custom Columns for Document Copy to New Library

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to copy a document to a new library when a new document is uploaded, but need it to route to different locations based on a required field.  The required field could be a dropdown column or a managed metadata column pending if either is possible or easier.

Example:  Upload document to document library 1, user enters required location field (dropdown or managed metadata column) and based on the selection it routes to a specific document library folder location somewhere else.

I can get the copying to work fine, but the "IF" statement based on the user selection I am unable to find a way.

Thanks in advance!  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint Custom Columns for Document Copy to New Library

Hi Jakey,

It is not possible to achieve this in flow so far. Per my understanding, your requiement will have 2 triggers, when a new file is created in a library and when a user create a new record somewhere. This cannot be done.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @jakey-demo,

If it is a SharePoint list you can access a dropdown value using the IF condition. Can you please post your Flow screen shot and SharePoint library type (list or document library)?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted

Hi @abm and @v-monli-msft,

I have a document library in SPO with a custom column that is a dropdown containing three selections (Location 1, Location 2 and Location 3).  A user will upload a new document, enter in the dropdown field as it is a required field before being checked in and pending the selection the user makes the Flow will send a copy to another document library outside of the current SharePoint site.  I have tried multiple ways of doing the send step and the below screenshot is one of the many that failed.  Please note that I am open to other ways for the selection of the location to happen, but figured either a dropdown colum or a managed meta data colum would be the easiest.

The Flow should work as follows:

Step 1 - When new item (document) is created *Can do this*

Step 2 - If "Location = Location 1" proceed to Step 3 else do nothing *Unable to get the condition to work*

Step 3 - Copy item to document library 2 *Can do this*

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

Highlighted

Hi Jakey,

did you find a solution for that? I need the same, too and cannot find appropriate way.
If anyone has an idea?

Thanks, kosmoxxx

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,206)