Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
S_D_Andrews
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Data Source - Pause Flow Until a List Field is edited

Hi team,

I suspect this has been asked before but I'm unable to locate an appropriate answer, so I'll raise again.  

Short Question

Is it possible to pause a Flow until a SharePoint list item is edited?  More specifically a choice field called "Manager Approval" that has a Yes / No set of options.  I've tried using a Do-Until with ""Manager Approval" is not equal to Blank " but this is ignored.  My next step is a Condition action, that also uses the Manager Approval", taking a sequence of actions depending on the Yes / No action.  As my SharePoint list doens't have a column default, the Workflow, without a Pause / Delay is going straight down the No route.

Longer Question

Prety much the same as the short one but some explanation.  The pseudo version of my workflow is: -

1. Business User submits an award nomination in Forms
  2. Forms pipes this to a Control List in SharePoint
  3. Some formatting / timestamps are tidied up, which are used in an email to go to an approving manager
  4. The manager gets the link to the SharePoint list Edit form
    1. If they select Yes, the full list is copied to a more securely permissioned List
    2. If they select No, the full list is copied to the same list
  5. Either way, the Control List entry is deleted

Pictures of the full workflow below as well as the condition in my SharePoint form that this is supposed to act as the Condition.  All I'm after my Flow doing is waiting till the SharePoint list has been edited, with that field set to Yes / No.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Recognition_Workflow01.jpgRecognition_Workflow02.jpg

many thanks
Steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Data Source - Pause Flow Until a List Field is edited

Hi @S_D_Andrews ,

Do you want to move on to the following actions until a Choice field is filled with value?

Please try adding a do-until loop within your flow to loop until the field has a value.

I have figured out a workaround for your reference.

Initialize a String variable.

Add a do until action, set the do until condition to variable Test is not equal to blank. In advanced mode, the function looks like:

@not(equals(variables('Test'), ''))

Within the loop, add Delay action with 1 minute, then Get item, set variable with the Choice field value.

Under the loop, add a Condition to check if the choice is Yes or No, adding corresponding value under if yes or if no branch.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Data Source - Pause Flow Until a List Field is edited

Hi @S_D_Andrews ,

Do you want to move on to the following actions until a Choice field is filled with value?

Please try adding a do-until loop within your flow to loop until the field has a value.

I have figured out a workaround for your reference.

Initialize a String variable.

Add a do until action, set the do until condition to variable Test is not equal to blank. In advanced mode, the function looks like:

@not(equals(variables('Test'), ''))

Within the loop, add Delay action with 1 minute, then Get item, set variable with the Choice field value.

Under the loop, add a Condition to check if the choice is Yes or No, adding corresponding value under if yes or if no branch.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,683)