cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
justintmiller
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Document Library - How to check condition on Site Column

I am trying to setup a Flow on a SharePoint Document Library and have the approval logic dependent upon a site column assocaited with the file/item of the Doc Library.

I don't see the availability of the site column when I add a Condition step:

SPDocLib-NoColumns.png

If I attempt to use the "When a new item is created" trigger and manually type the Document Library name into the List Name field, only the "value" is available to check conditions for:

SPDocLib-valueonly.png

Anyone know how to gain access to a site column that I can then use as a Condition action check?

Thanks!

Justin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
justintmiller

Re: SharePoint Document Library - How to check condition on Site Column

Ok, so I think I found the solution.  When typing in the List Name in the "When a new item is created" Action, you need to input the Display Name of the Document Library and not the internal name.  The default "Shared Documents" has a name/Url of "Shared%20Documents", but the Display Name is "Documents".

I updated the List Name to "Documents" and the columns are now available to the Condition action:

FlowDocLib-SiteColumns.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
justintmiller

Ok, so I think I found the solution.  When typing in the List Name in the "When a new item is created" Action, you need to input the Display Name of the Document Library and not the internal name.  The default "Shared Documents" has a name/Url of "Shared%20Documents", but the Display Name is "Documents".

I updated the List Name to "Documents" and the columns are now available to the Condition action:

FlowDocLib-SiteColumns.png

View solution in original post

douglasromao
Level 8

Hi @justintmiller,

I think that unfortunately we are not able to do that at this moment, you can post this like an Ideia at Flow Ideias discussion.

Another approach that you can try is use the SharePoint REST API to get the columns from List/Library, this will able you to use this value.

Regards,

Douglas Romão

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is NOT solved, you said you wanted to access a "site column", and these are in a parent site not the holding site of the list on which your flow is based.  MSFT in their rather short sighted wisdom have yet to fix this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,581)