cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALBordelon
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint Document Library Version History Comments Issue

I am trying the extract the Comments entered each time a file is Checked-In.  While I am able to all of the past version information using the following, the Comments are not included.  What is returned in the "OData__x005f_ModerationComments" for each version is the last comment that was entered and not the comment specifically entered for that version.

Step used to get to the Version History:

Version History 1.png

Document Version History as displayed in SharePoint

Version History 2.png

Output of the HTTP Request to extract the Version History.  Please note the Comments are incorrect.  The comment for the last version 3.12 is associated with each Version.  This is the "OData__x005f_ModerationComments" data field in the Output.

Version History 3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@ALBordelon  refer to this post https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/276668/get-comments-of-previous-versions-checked-in-i... it talks about the same issue that you are facing.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@ALBordelon  refer to this post https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/276668/get-comments-of-previous-versions-checked-in-i... it talks about the same issue that you are facing.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,207)