cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint Dynamic Content Issues

HI - for some reason, data that has been used/generated in the context of a flow doesn't appear to be available as Dynamic content

I'm creating a flow that uses Adobe Sign to get a signature for a document when it's uploaded to a document library.

Flow OverviewFlow Overview

It all seems to work fine apart from at the end of the Flow when I want to update the file properties.

Firstly, I have to manually enter the Site address and Library Name again - which seems strange seeing as I've already done this  in the first step.

Secondly, when it comes to setting the Id, I only have a single Adobe Sign parameter available in Dynamic content

No File Property fields available as Dynamic contentNo File Property fields available as Dynamic content

Whereas in the Library Name field above it, I have access to all the file properties

All File properties are available as Dynamic content in the Library Name fieldAll File properties are available as Dynamic content in the Library Name field

Could someone please confirm whether this is a bug, or whether it conforms to expected behaviour and If this is expected behaviour then please can someone explain why?

Finally, is there a way to get under the hood and specifiy this without having to rely on the Dynamic content box?

Many thanks,

Geraint

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @geraint,

Which property that you would like to update with? The file itself, or the added column fields in the SharePoint Library item?

I suppose that you want to update with the added column fields in SharePoint library. Is it true?

The Id field of “Update file properties” action requires an item id, but the “When a file is created in a folder” trigger would only return file id.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:9.JPG

If you want to update with the added column fields in SharePoint library, please take a try to modify your trigger into “When a file is created (properties only)” trigger.

More details about "Update file properties" action of SharePoint connector, please check the following article:

Update file properties

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @geraint,

Which property that you would like to update with? The file itself, or the added column fields in the SharePoint Library item?

I suppose that you want to update with the added column fields in SharePoint library. Is it true?

The Id field of “Update file properties” action requires an item id, but the “When a file is created in a folder” trigger would only return file id.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:9.JPG

If you want to update with the added column fields in SharePoint library, please take a try to modify your trigger into “When a file is created (properties only)” trigger.

More details about "Update file properties" action of SharePoint connector, please check the following article:

Update file properties

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks Kris - that seems to have fixed it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,026)