cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markthompson3
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Flow Find Items with Date Less than or Equal to today

Hello,

I have a SharePoint list with a column "Next Review" which is a date column, and I need to get items that have a next review date that is previous to or equal to todays date.

Can anyone help with the filter query I would need please? 

I currently have a SharePoint Get Items step - and am attempting to use the Filter Query parameter. 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
MattWeston365
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @markthompson3

Your odata query should look something like this:

<Field> LE <Expression:utcNow()> as illustrated in my screenshot below. I have used Created in my example, at the point of running it will return everything that was created before the current datetime.

Replace the <Field> with the internal name of your field which can be found by going to list settings and then looking at the edit column url. If your field name has spaces in it when its created, you will find your field name will look something like Review_x0020_Date.

LE is the operator, i.e. less than or equal to.

The in single quotes ' ' create an expression with the forumula utcNow(). You'll see this appear in the intellisense, and this will take the exact date time stamp of when the Flow action is executed. 

FlowAnswer-3.PNG

I hope that helps, please shout if there's anything else.

RobElliott
Super User
Super User

The filter query would be:

Next_x0020_Review le 'utcnow()'

where the utcnow between the apostrophes has to be done as an expression from the expressions tab over on the right.

(Edit: sorry, I posted without having refreshed the screen so hadn't seen the previous reply from Matt)
Rob
Los Gallardos

filterquery.png

Thanks @MattWeston365 and @RobElliott 

I've never actually used flows before, and have just realised my next issue - how I loop through these items as I can't find a foreach action (for each entry in this list that matches the query we just completed, I want to be able to email that user with details of that item)

Thanks

How are you storing the details of the user? In a column in the SharePoint list?

But you need to add an "Apply to each" action, not a foreach,  and select "value" from the dynamic content on the right.

Rob
Los Gallardos

hello @RobElliott , What will be the query for utcnow is greater than or equal to StartDate And less than or equal to EndDate?  TIA

Thanks @RobElliott , I was going to get them from the Sharepoint list item, there is a Field called Owner

hi @PhantomSoul it should be

StartDate le '@{utcNow()}' and EndDate ge '@{utcNow()}' i.e. start date is is the past AND the end date is in the future

Thanks @RobElliott 

Just tested my flow and getting;

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The expression \"Next_x0020_Review LE 2019-03-29T07:18:47.9643857Z\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: fxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
}

It's a date only field, is there any adjustments  required?

Thanks

Hi @markthompson3 just surround your date expression with single quotes ' ' as in my screenshotFlowDate.PNG

Thanks @MattWeston365 that worked - if I wanted to include a check for another field

Would it be;

flow.PNG

and Status = "Open"?

Hi @markthompson3 glad you're getting there 🙂

You're almost right with what you put, with odata queries operators are always textual:

= eq

> gt

< lt

>= ge

<= le

Full list here in section 5.1.2: https://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-version-3-0/url-conventions/

So your next part would be: and Status eq 'Open'

Helpful resources

Announcements

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

October 2023 Community Newsletter

Welcome to our October Newsletter, where we highlight the latest news, product releases, upcoming events, and the amazing work of our outstanding Community members. If you're new to the Community, please make sure to follow the latest News & Anouncements and check out the Community on LinkedIn as well! It's the best way to stay up-to-date with all the news from across the Power Platform and beyond.   COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS Check out the most active community members of the last month. These hardworking members post regularly, answer questions, give (and earn) kudos, and provide top solutions in their communities. We appreciate you! FLMike trice602 LaurensM ANB AgniusSprong Yewskinnermlc creativeopinion Nived_Nambiar Expiscornovus ManishSolanki Shashank_11 fernandosilva KatieAU inzil2k Haressh2728 hafizsultan242 Lucas001 domliu douicmccaughanwo   UPCOMING EVENTS Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event The #MSBizAppsLaunchEvent started today at 9am PST on Wednesday October 25th, 2023. Featuring a great selection of guest speakers including Charles Lamanna, Donald Kossmann, Sangya Singh, Georg Glantschnig, Lori Lamkin, Jeff Comstock, and Mike Morton, this is one FREE virtual event you don't want to miss. You'll be able to discover the latest features across Microsoft #PowerPlatform and #Dynamics365, alongside an in-depth looks at industry-leading, AI-powered capabilities that can help your employees be more productive, deepen customer relationships, and drive meaningful future growth. It's not too late to register, so join the event today: https://msbizappslaunchevent.eventcore.com/     365 EduCon - Chicago - Oct. 30 - Nov. 3, 2023 The 365 & PWR EduCon - Microsoft 365 & Power Platform Training Conferences brings together leading experts in Power Platform, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, and Azure. Whether you're a newcomer or an experienced user, they'll be a huge range of diverse sessions and workshops tailored to your level of expertise and interests. There's a great selection of guest speakers, including Liz Sundet, Kartik Kanakasabesan, Cathy Dew, Anderson Silva, Gokan Ozcifci, Michelle Gilbert, Jason Himmelstein, Heather Cook, Harysh Menon, Marc Mroz, and more. Click here to read the event guide in Mark Kashman's great blog post.       Microsoft Ignite - Virtual Event - November 15-16, 2023 Although the Seattle in-person event is now sold out, you can still connect with the global community virtually for Microsoft Ignite. Featured speakers including Satya Nadella, Vasu Jakkal, Scott Guthrie, Jessica Hawk, Charles Lamanna, Arun Ulag, and many more, Microsoft Ignite is the best place to discover what's next. So, wherever you are in the world, click the image below to register today to learn from keynotes, breakout sessions, and take part in live discussions at no cost.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          LATEST NEWS Copilot in Power Apps is now generally available! CLICK HERE to check out Ryan Cunningham's latest announcement that Copilot for #PowerApps is now generally available for app makers, opening up a whole new era of low code development.               Call For Speakers - European Power Platform Conference 2024 The call is now open for speakers at the 3rd European Power Platform Conference, which will take place in Belgium on June 11-13, 2024. Present your knowledge on the latest innovations across Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, Power Pages, Governance, and Security. The call for speakers is now open until November 30th, 2023, so click the image below to submit your sessions and share your knowledge with the Microsoft Community over three days of in-person learning, connection, and inspiration.   LATEST PRODUCT BLOG ARTICLES  Power Apps Community Blog  Power Automate Community Blog  Power Virtual Agents Community Blog  Power Pages Community Blog  Check out 'Using the Community' for more helpful tips and information:  Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, Power Pages 

Back to Basics Tuesday Tip #5: How to Become a Community Blog Author

This is the fifth post in our series dedicated to helping the amazing members of our community--both new members and seasoned veterans--learn and grow in how to best engage in the community! Each Tuesday, we feature new content that will help you best understand the community--from ranking and badges to profile avatars, from Super Users to blogging in the community. Our hope is that this information will help each of our community members grow in their experience with Power Platform, with the community, and with each other!   This Week's Topic: How to Become a Community Blog Author We want YOU to be part of the community blog! Sharing your knowledge of Power Platform is an essential part of our community! Here's why:   It helps create a vibrant and dynamic community of makers who can learn from each other’s experiences and insights.It provides a platform for collaboration and innovation, where members can share their ideas and work together to develop new solutions.It helps promote Power Platform by showcasing its capabilities and real-world applications.It helps build trust and credibility in the community because you are providing valuable information and resources your fellow community members can use to improve their skills and knowledge. By sharing your knowledge of Power Platform in the community blog, you help us create a more engaged and informed community, better equipped to tackle complex challenges. To get started with blogging across the Power Platform communities, please visit the following links:   Power Apps: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Community-Blog/bg-p/PowerAppsBlog Power Automate: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/bg-p/MPABlog Power Virtual Agents: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Virtual-Agents-Community/bg-p/PVACommunityBlogPower Pages: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Pages-Community-Blog/bg-p/mpp_blog   When you follow the link, look for a button like the one below on the right rail of your community blog, and let us know you're interested. We can't wait to connect with you and help you get started. Thanks for being part of our incredible community--and thanks for becoming part of the community blog!  

Back to Basics Tuesday Tip #4: What is a Super User?

This is the fourth post in our series dedicated to helping the amazing members of our community--both new members and seasoned veterans--learn and grow in how to best engage in the community! Each Tuesday, we feature new content that will help you best understand the community--from ranking and badges to profile avatars, from Super Users to blogging in the community. Our hope is that this information will help each of our community members grow in their experience with Power Platform, with the community, and with each other! This week's topic: Super Users   Have you ever been exploring the community and come across a user with this unique icon next to their name? It means you have found the actual, real-life superheroes of the Power Platform Community! Super Users are our heroes because of the way they are consistently helpful with everything from solutions to flagging spam, offering insight on the community, and so much more!If you've ever wondered exactly what a Super User does and how they earn that special badge, please check out this article: Power Apps: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Virtual Agents: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Power Automate: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Pages: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community   Still interested in finding out more about how to become a Super User? Then it's time to think about "suiting up" with SUIT   Our new Super User in Training program launched at the recent Microsoft Power Platform Conference and the results have been incredible! With space for only 500 "new recruits," we are nearing capacity. It's not too late to find out more and get your Super User suit on, learning from the incredible current crop of community superheroes, our community team, and more!Find out about SUIT and sign up today!Power Apps: Are you ready to SUIT UP and become a Super User?Power Virtual Agents: Are you ready to SUIT UP and become a Super User? Power Automate: Are you ready to SUIT UP and become a Super User? Power Pages: Are you ready to SUIT UP and become a Super User? We are so thankful for our awesome Super Users and can't wait to see even more of you SUIT UP! Check back here next Tuesday for the next iteration of our "Back to Basics" series. #TuesdayTips  

Users online (4,254)