cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dparkinson
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Flow without item selection or on selection of a folder?

Ideally, I would like to be able to initiate a flow on a document libary without selecting an item.  If that is not possible, it would be nice to be able to run a flow on a selected folder (not document), but that doesn't seem to work either.  In addition, once created, the flow should be available to ALL document libraries, not just the one I created a flow on?

So my questions are as follows:

1. Is there a way to run a flow on a document library without selecting an item?

2. Is there a way to run a flow on a document library based on a selected Folder?

3. Is there a way to make the flow available to all document libararies to all people rather than just the libary the flow was created on?

Many thanks for any clarification provided.

Kind regards,

D.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Flow without item selection or on selection of a folder?

Hi @dparkinson,

About #1, it is not possible to run a flow on a document library without selecting an item. If you are using the trigger For a selected item, then you are asked to select an item to trigger the flow.

About #2, it is not possible to run a flow based on a selected folder currently.

About #3, it is not possible to make a flow available to all document libraries to all people, only the specific folder that you specify in the flow is available.

If you need these features, please submit ideas on Flow Ideas Forum, I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
>