Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint Get File (properties only) truncates Description to 300 characters

Hey People,

I'm using Get files (properties only) to iterate over a SharePoint document library (happens to be Site Pages).

It's managing to pick up Announcement type pages and remarkably the body content (just a text webpart - I haven't touched the content type) is coming through in the Description property.

However it's only picking up 300 characters.

I've dug into the JSON behind Get file (properties only) and can see that the Description field is truncated to 300 characters 😞

Now I probably got lucky that webpart content came through into the properties at all, but does anyone have a nice way to pick up the textual content of a page so that it can be used in a flow, untruncated?

I'm going to experiment with the non properties only version next...

Thanks!

Craig

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: SharePoint Get File (properties only) truncates Description to 300 characters

Hi @Craig_Humphrey 

Did you tried using HTTP WEB REST API method?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: SharePoint Get File (properties only) truncates Description to 300 characters

Premium connectors aren't an option 😥

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Craig_Humphrey ,
If HTTP WEB REST API is not an option because it is premium connector, what about "Sharepoint / Send an HTTP request to Sharepoint"? This is a standard connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,706)