cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint - Get Items - Filter Query

Hello,

I am currently creating a flow, which is supposed to be run upon certain items from the list.

I can help my self with the condition, that does that, but then the flow has to process every single item in the list.

I was wondering if I can help my self using Filter Query in the step of Get items.

I have a column containing a date (Due_date) and I need to select only those items, where Due_date is lesser than Today.

So I have tried this: Due_date lt 'utcNow()'

Obviously it does not work, that's why I am here and wondering if it is even possible or if the filter options are limited.

Thanks in advance.

Marek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that I have found the solution

Due_date lt '@{body('Current_time')}' - please note that '@{body('Current_time')}' is generated by including the time object, I am having issues upload the picture for some reason, tried 5 times and gave up.

But, now if I would want to add 1 more condition like, do not include items where Status eq finished, do I just write and in between or something like that?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that I have found the solution

Due_date lt '@{body('Current_time')}' - please note that '@{body('Current_time')}' is generated by including the time object, I am having issues upload the picture for some reason, tried 5 times and gave up.

But, now if I would want to add 1 more condition like, do not include items where Status eq finished, do I just write and in between or something like that?

View solution in original post

@Anonymous yes you do, just add and then the second part of the filter query.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

You'll need to convert the date to the same format as SharePoint stores dates internally.

Your filter should look like this:

Due_Date lt 'formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')'

The single quotes are required.  You need to enter formatDateTime() as an expression.

formatDateTime.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ScottShearer and thanks for your help, I have used the Dynamic Content of Current Time for the comparison 🙂

But thanks for your suggestions, have a great day!

@Anonymous the comparison needs to use the US yyyy-MM-dd format, it won't work otherwise. So do try what Scott has said as it is the way to do it.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobElliott - I've tried the flow bunch of time using just the Dynamic Content and it works like a charm.

image.png

@Anonymous but you said "So I have tried this: Due_date lt 'utcNow()Obviously it does not work". I've lost track of what you are asking.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobElliott - Sorry for making this thread a mess.

1) I've asked with the non-functional query you mentioned

2) Before anyone responded I figured out that I can use the Dynamic Content and wrote a reply that I later marked as a solution

3) I was still wondering how can I add another parameter to the filter which you have clarified

Shortly, everything is fine now and sorry for the chaos 🙂

Thanks for your contribution

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,199)