cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Get items limit

Hello,

I have this app working which has data from users, which actually are students.

By now there are around 400 students that are using the app.

I would like to send an email to each of these students once a new item is created in another Sharepoint list.

Problem is I once used the get items action from the SharePoint connector and it just pulled out like 200 items from a 2000 items list...

How could I manage for a way to kind of loop the get items to a way that it captures aaaall the students that are in the list just once and send them the email I need?

Is this possible? what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @lguzmanc433
As @sudharsan1985 said:
You configure pagination with threshold value.
Enable Pagination, than set threshold of 5000

Be aware that SharePoint API calls are limited to 600 per 60 seconds.

If when running the flow with the above settings you get any 429 errors. You will have to configure retry settings. Which is easy:
This is in the same place where pagination and threshold is(settings of the action)

I always like to used a Fixed interval retry policy, and put PT10S with retry count at around 40.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @lguzmanc433,

I think this would be limitation for the Get Item in Power Automate. In that case, you can try to call all the list items from the SharePoint REST API using "HTTP Request" card in Power Automate.

Please refer to the following SharePoint REST API information:

Working with lists and list items with REST: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-lists-and-list-items-with-re...

How to get all items in a view using REST API: https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/135936/how-to-get-all-items-in-a-view-using-rest-api

Hope this helps.

Super User
Super User

Hi @lguzmanc433 

Have you tried modifying the settings of the 'Get Items' action like the below? please try to use the pagination and Threshold settings to get all the items. This will have an impact on performance.

Get Items Settings.png

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue

-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @lguzmanc433
As @sudharsan1985 said:
You configure pagination with threshold value.
Enable Pagination, than set threshold of 5000

Be aware that SharePoint API calls are limited to 600 per 60 seconds.

If when running the flow with the above settings you get any 429 errors. You will have to configure retry settings. Which is easy:
This is in the same place where pagination and threshold is(settings of the action)

I always like to used a Fixed interval retry policy, and put PT10S with retry count at around 40.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Also if the number of items is less than 5,000 and no expectation to grow over this figure, there is a simple solution that does not require to activate pagination. The trick, valid for both 'Get items' and 'Get files (properties only', is to declare 5,000 as Top Count input (default is 100 if left empty) as explained in this excellent post:

https://www.chakkaradeep.com/2018/05/01/deep-dive-into-get-items-and-get-files-sharepoint-actions-in...

Flow_get-files-5000-files.png

But as @Jcook and @sudharsan1985 suggested, PAgination is the most robust approach

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,470)