Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MWD
Level: Powered On

SharePoint: Hyperlink field update in second list

Hi all,

Could anyone advise and help with completing a MS flow please? Situation description: In SPO I have a list (TRIAL) and document library (TRIAL Attachment). If a new item  is added within list TRIAL automatically is created a new folder in library. For a new item in Trial list is also automatically set Hyperlink field (display text, URL address). Used URL address is linked with automatic created folder within TRIAL Attachment library. 

The purpose is (that I want to help with): If anyone uploads/creates a file within any folder in TRAIL Attachment the flow find related item in list TRIAL (created folder has stored ID of related trial item as metadata and  has the same name as trial item), than check the text value of its hyperlink link. If the link has default text ("Add attachment") flow changes it to a new text ("Read attachment").

My Flow is finnished with an error that I can't fix:

Action 'Get files (properties only)' failed

Fix It
If this error was temporary, you can try resubmitting the run and the issue may have been resolved.

Error type
This action failed because of an error in the connector.

Error Details
The error message from the service is below. This maybe useful for support:
Column 'Name' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

Column Name exists (system column). Definitely. The problem is with action Get Items and filter query. Action results are:

BadGateway, Outputs:

{
  "status"502,
  "message""Column 'Name' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.\r\nclientRequestId: db929567-7292-4730-9cd4-b6f9a8c491d8",
  "source""./_api/SP.APIHubConnector.GetListItems(listName='faaf5c8b-cbb9-487c-b0d7-8421b869d7f5',queryOptions=@q)?@q='%2524filter%3dName%2520eq%2520%252721-5-FT%2520test%2520ID%2527%26%2524top%3d1'",
  "errors": [
    "-2146232832",
    "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException"
  ]
}

I followed by this article: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/copying-using-filtering/

Well I think it should be worked. Any idea how to fix this or is there any easier way to achieve that?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MWD

Re: SharePoint: Hyperlink field update in second list

Thanks for assistance, good tip @v-xida-msft,

Problem has been solved! I have added a column in library  (signle line of text - Name for Flow), updated my worklow2010 (Name = Name for Flow) and changed MS flow (Get Items query filter: Name for Flow eq 'FolderName').

Br,

MWD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MWD,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list and document library?

Could you please share a bit more about the name of your trial item?

Further, do you create two separated flows on your side?

The error message told that the Name column doesn't exist in your SharePoint list, please check if there is a column called Name within your SharePoint list.

If the Name column doesn't exist in your SharePoint list (TRIAL list), within your SharePoint document library, please check which column value do you use as the name of the trial item and then use the column value as the created folder of your SharePoint document library?

I suppose that you use Title column value as the name of the TRIAL list item and then use the Title column value as the name of the created folder of your SharePoint library, is it true? If true, please modify your Filter Query formula as below:12.JPG

Within Filter Query field of "Get items" actions, type the following formula:

Title eq 'YourFolderName'

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MWD

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for a quick response. I will try to answer your qustions.

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

https://ibb.co/dUO8Z6

flowFlow

Could you please share a bit more about the name of your trial item?

• Trial Item (list) is a Single line of text field, regular Title (field name=”Test name”, Field internal name = “Title”)
  • Name of folder (library) is a system field of file type used in Item content type (field name=”Name”, Field internal name = “FileLeafRef”) Name field stores: [%Current Item: Project ID%]%20[%Current Item: Test Name%]

Further, do you create two separated flows on your side? – Not exactly, one SP workflow 2010 and one flow process (here is the problem)

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list and document library?

SP workflow description:

If a new item in TRIAL list is created this workflow:

• creates folder in library with name: [%Current Item: Project ID%]%20[%Current Item: Test Name%]
  • set realID field for a newly created folder to value: Current Item: ID
  • set hyperlink field Attachment link for current list item in TRIAL as: text=”Add attachment” + URL adress=./Attachment_library/: [%Current Item: Project ID%] [%Current Item: Test Name%]

Formula within Filter Query is ok. Column Name exist in library but (this is strange): Column Name is not listed between library columns. It is only possible to find it in content type detail. I will do a test with different column..

NameColumn Name in library

listcolumnLibrary setting – columns:

contenttype_ColumnDetail of Document content type in library

Do you need any other information. Let me know please.

BR

MWD

Thanks for assistance, good tip @v-xida-msft,

Problem has been solved! I have added a column in library  (signle line of text - Name for Flow), updated my worklow2010 (Name = Name for Flow) and changed MS flow (Get Items query filter: Name for Flow eq 'FolderName').

Br,

MWD

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,891)