cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tryingtofix
Level: Power Up

SharePoint List and Calendar events

I have a SharePoint Team page where I created a List where my team requests time off from work,

I built a flow that pulls the item, sends to the manager for approval and then emails the requestor that it's either been approved or rejected. Originally I built the flow to create an event in outlook since you can't create one in SharePoint but am getting a lot of feedback that this is not what the team wants. So I built an Event List "TimeOffCalendar" on our SharePoint page to create an item on that list instead of an outlook event. 

I get that you have to manually enter the SharePoint Calendar List in the flow and I've done so, however when I run through the flow, the item is never created on the TimeOffCalendar. 

I"m fairly new to SharePoint and am not understanding what I am doing wrong. I feel it's probably something simple that I'm just not getting. 

Flow Pic.PNGFlow2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint List and Calendar events

Hi @ tryingtofix,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the run details of your flow when the flow runs and the event is not created in the "TimeOffCalendar"?

Have the action "Create item" run when the flow runs?

I have analysis your flow and there is no problem within your flow.

Please check if the action "Create item" run when the flow runs or if your flow have run failed before the action "Create item" runs.

In addition, please check if the event is created in the "TimeOffCalendar" ,or if anyone have deleted the event when it is created in the "TimeOffCalendar",also please check if you have another flow would delete the event when a event is created in the "TimeOffCalendar".

Please share more details so we could try to help you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

tryingtofix
Level: Power Up

The Flow appeared to complete fine, but the event was never placed on the calendar. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ bangorkeith,

Could you please share a screenshot of the calendar in your sharepoint?

Could you please share a screenshot of the run details of your flow?

we would offer a proper work around if you provide more details about your issue.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,536)