Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint List to Excel File to SharePoint Folder

Hi,

I've been doing research but some reason can't find a good explanation on how to do this. I would like to simply export what I have on a SharePoint list to an Excel file and save that Excel file on a SharePoint folder every month on a schedule. I would like separate excel files every month, not one file that gets appended new info every month. I used the template Flow provides to save SharePoint to CSV but the csv was really hard to read and all the columns were incorrect and wonky looking.

Would someone be able to explain how to do this? Screenshots are greatly appreciated! Thank you  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint List to Excel File to SharePoint Folder

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement and what is the trouble you meet when you create the flow?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @Anonymous

You can use the Export data to excel table rather than the Csv file type you just have to Create the Table as per the List Structure and just run the Flow.

Also you can Perform the create table in Excel Operation into the Flow.

Though i am not sure right now about the Item limit to migrate from list to Excel Sheet with the Help of the Flow.

If you find any difficulty comment here.

Thanks 

Dev_Nikhil

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

I'm simply asking for suggestions on how to build this flow. I don't know which actions to use to achieve this and would like input. I'm still trying to build this Flow from scratch. I'm still fairly new to Flow.

I would like to transport what I have in SharePoint list to an Excel sheet (like data view on sharepoint list) and save it automatically to a SharePoint folder like an archive. Thank you

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Dev_Nikhil,

I can't seem to find the 'Export data to excel table'. It doesn't show up for me. How am I able to get this?

If I perform the create table in Excel, each time the flow runs, would it create a new table in a new excel file? Wouldn't I have to create an excel file prior to running this flow every time?

Thank you

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @Anonymous

I Would like to Suggest you to Create a Table Manually, Because however i can not Create a Table and put values into that Table into Single Flow.

After that Roadblock here i am Posting a Screenshot of the Flow Which i have Created to Transfer all List Items to the Excel Sheet and its Working Perfectly.Capture.PNG

in this Flow i have Recurrence as the Trigger. into Secoond Step i am taking the Get Items Action Which will fetch the All items form the Specific list and in third Step i am Using Action "Insert Row" which is like this.Capture.PNG

Here you have to Insert Excel Sheet name The Table name you have Created into the Excel Sheet. and Bingo! it will works Flowlessly.

for the Excel Operation it'll work Perfect as per the File Unification you have to create another Flow For Specific date to Move File to another location.

as per your Question, yes it'll create a table in excel when you run the Flow thats For Sure.

Thanks

Dev_Nikhil 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,195)