cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike44
Resolver I
Resolver I

SharePoint List to Google Calendar

I've created a flow wherein when a new row is added to a SharePoint list and event is created in a Google calendar.  I now realize I will also need it to make updates  and deletions to the calendar as they occur in the SharePoint list.  Below are images of my flow.

Prior to adding the conditions and controls to the flow, it ran without failures.  Since adding them, the flow fails at the first condition (see last image of message failure).  My thought process was to add the SharePoint list item ID to the description section of the calendar, thus the condition there reads - if the Event List Description does not contain the SharePoint list item ID, then create the calendar event.  Condition 2's - if the Event List Description contains the SharePoint list item ID, then update the calendar event.  Since adding these conditions, my flow fails at all points.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Mike44 :

Do you want to create a new event when the just created item does not exist in the events of the calendar? If this is the case, I suggest you adjust the flow logic.

vbofengmsft_0-1640050826426.png

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mike44 :

Could you please tell me:

• Is the error reported in condition or condition1?
  • What these two dynamics contents are?

vbofengmsft_0-1639710233241.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Condition.

The dynamic content for both is 'Event List Description'.  The SharePoint item/row ID is stored in the Calendar's description.

Hi @Mike44 :

The point is that the data type of 'ID' is number but Event List Description is a string.

You can first convert the ID to a string and then use the contain condition to compare.

Please try :

string(triggerOutputs()?['body/ID'])

vbofengmsft_0-1639991133335.png

Best Regards,

Bof

I made the update you suggested and now my flow's gone crazy.  I think it's stuck in some sort of loop.  It's creating multiple duplicate calendar events.  I don't think your update is the cause, but any idea on what's going on?  See pics.

running.PNGcal.PNG

Hi @Mike44 :

Do you want to create a new event when the just created item does not exist in the events of the calendar? If this is the case, I suggest you adjust the flow logic.

vbofengmsft_0-1640050826426.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,803)