Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
craigwebb2308
Level: Powered On

SharePoint List wont take Lookup field to create in a new list as text

Hello

I am trying to create a reporting repository using Microsoft Flow, basically when the user modifies the report in one list, I want the system to create the exact same report in the other therefore creating a historical repository of all reports. When I have created this(Ive done similar for a business case submission but that doesn't have a lookup column and works perfectly) i get a failure summary of the below.

Can anyone help me please

Capture 222.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint List wont take Lookup field to create in a new list as text

Hi @craigwebb2308,

Single selection of Lookup column should be able to work with the triggers.

Would you please share more details about the two fields mentioned in the error message?

The Project Name, and the Porject Start Date fields, details about the column type, is multiple selection enabled (for Lookup)?

Also the value inputted when modifying.

I will then take some tests from my side.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
craigwebb2308
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint List wont take Lookup field to create in a new list as text

The lookup field is that when you select the project it brings the function and 2 dates through.

Im guessing its bringing these extra fields through which is the problem.

The error i get is

Header

{ "Pragma": "no-cache", "x-ms-request-id": "b4dadd17-6bb1-437d-8779-77aef260441f", "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*", "Cache-Control": "no-cache", "Date": "Thu, 06 Jul 2017 08:27:52 GMT", "Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=b72875202f78b3207e210dacc3385d4360e0779d57c0c23d1a3e3f5fd0a63571;Path=/;HttpOnly;Domain=sharepointonlineconnectionprovider-westus.tip0-westus.p.azurewebsites.net", "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319", "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET", "Content-Length": "295", "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8", "Expires": "-1" }

Body

{ "status": 400, "message": "The query to field 'Project_x0020_Name/Project_x0020_Start_x0020_Date' is not valid.", "source": "IVE TOOK OUT THIS CODE BUT IT WAS THE SHAREPOINT SITE NAME", "errors": [ "-1", "Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException" ] }

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 374 members 4,609 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: