cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint Number List item will only store in string variable

I am buiding a Flow that pulls the Employee_ID from a Number column in a SharePoint list, stores it ina variable, and compares the variable to the Employee_ID column in another SharePoint list in the same site. I have run into several problems attempting to this simple action;

When initalize the variable as an Integer or float the flow errors out. The only way I can store the Employee_ID to a variable is if the variable is intialized as a String.

Secondly, the condition NEVER evaluates as True. When I checked the outputs of the variable it always is employee_id with the characters cxz added i.e. 123cxz  When Flow takes this value and compares it to the Employee_ID in the second table it looks as though Flow is comparing to the original value minus the cxz characters.

Is the Number column type always considered to be a String by Flow?

Do I need to convert the value with some function to remove the cxz characters prior to storing in the variable?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: SharePoint Number List item will only store in string variable

Solved issue NO NEED TO REPLY

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint Number List item will only store in string variable

Hi @lmartini,

I am glad your issue has been solved. If convenience, you could go ahead post your solution and mark your post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,628)