cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

SharePoint Online Calendar ID for a flow

Hi,

I am trying to create the following:

• A user creates an item on a SharePoint list - which is a request to the manager to approve or reject his holiday.
  • The manager gets an email and approves/rejects the email.
  • If rejected, the item in the SharePoint List has a column "Status" which will be marked as Rejected.
  • If Approved, the "Status" column will be marked as approved.

All this works fine with the Flow template. Now here comes the tricky part:

• If the manager approves the vacation, the item should be added to the team calendar in SharePoint.
  • I added an action saying that if the request is approved, then it should create an item in the Office 365 Calendar - site calendar.
  • It asks for the calendar ID. I went in the calendar -> site settings and fished out the ID from the URL.
  • When entering it in the flow, even between braces {}, I'm getting the error " Error 400 Calendar ID malformed".

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

14 REPLIES 14
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Online Calendar ID for a flow

Hi Nicv,

According to your description, I create a flow as below. In the action “Create an event in Office 365 calendar”, when I configure the Calendar id, there is a drop down list for selecting, I don’t need to fish out the id from the URL. Below is my flow configuration, hope it can be a reference for you:

calendar id.PNG

If I misunderstand you, please feel free correct me.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I get the same drop down but it only shows the calendars in the mailbox of the user you're signed on with in the Flow. I need to show the calendar on a SharePoint Online site....

Thank you,

Nic

Perumal
Level 10

Check the below screenshot, you can add entry in the SPO calendar using "Create item" SPO action, where enter site name and calendar name.

sharepoint calendar.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nicv,

Do you want to create an event in the Default Calendar list in SharePoint Online?

@Perumal
When I configure the action “Create item”, I fill the name of the Default Calendar list, I get an error likes below, but I actually have created a calendar list named “Calendar test”:

Calendar.PNG

When you configure the action with the custom value, do you get any error messages?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Perumal
Level 10

@v-yamao-msft I have not faced this error while entering custom value.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nicv,

I retest this issue according to @Perumal's workaround, and it works for me now. Please enter the Calendar name in the List name field to see if this works for you.

9.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Argas
Level: Powered On

Dear All,

I created the work flow mentioned, but the only problem that i have encountered is that when I create an item in the calendar is not possible to set the all day event 

can someone assit me?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello 

how can i get the employee ID automatically  when the employee enter the site and create item ??? or in another words how can the flow get the employee ID directly when the employee enter the site???

Argas

If you modifiy a list or insert a file or a new item you can take the name and all the infirmation of the creator or the modifier

is one of the option when you create e flow

bye

Anonymous
Not applicable

i created the flow and everything works fine but i need the employee id of every user to appear without typing it  manually

Highlighted
Argas

can you explain better your needs, because I cannot understand in details your request. Also have you find a way to insert an all day event in a sharepoint calendar?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Get initials ID for a flow

forget about the calendar and yes i have done all the work but i want that once the employee enter to create item i want his ID to be shown in the column employee ID

Argas

I don't know if you can do it immediately, but after the approval you can modify the list and add the enployee ID in the modified fields 

in the same way how you can insert the approval status

i hope that this can help you

bye

Anonymous
Not applicable

alright 

regards

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 4,328 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: