Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

SharePoint Online Calendar Reminders over 30 day

Hi all 

Could you adivse ?

We have a calendar setup as the App calendar in SP Online which holds tasks for users leaving and starting. I have built a flow which would look at the item when its created and throw a notification few hours before the time end on the item. However, the flow erros if the item is more than 30 days away. 

What would be a better solution for such calendar ? I would like to be notified every morning (if there is a starter/leaver) about upcoming starters or leavers. 

Hope this makes sense. 

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Re: SharePoint Online Calendar Reminders over 30 day

@Domin 

Flows can run for a maximum of 30 days.  To work around that limit, you can use a recurrence trigger.  See my example below.  In my example, the Flow runs once an hour.  The get items action returns only those items where the start time is between 3 and 4 hours away.  The expressions I used in the filter query are in the comments of the get items action.  The list I used is a calendar.

EventReminder.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Okay, that makes sense, 

If i have an event that is a whole day event can i then input these into an email the day before the even ends ?

Baisically - If even is tomorrow, send an email one day before that at 10 in the morning as a reminder

This would make it little more organised i think.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Domin 

In your original post, I got the impression that you wanted the emails to go out a few hours before the event started - that's why I fire the Flow every hour and look at events 3 to 4 hours out.  You can adjust what I have done to accommodate any advance notice - I am keying off of when the event starts.  So, for example, you could adjust it to look for events that start between 24 hours and 48 hours out vs 3 and 4 hours simply by changing the expressions to reflect 24 rather than 3 and 48 rather than 4.  Also, you can set the recurrence to run once a day and even tell it at what time you want it to run.  Let me know if you need additional help.

EventReminder1.jpg

Scott
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

If i set it to run lets say at 8 in the morning to show me all events for that day and do between 9 oclock and 5 oclock, do i then do it like your example and it will look at everything between 9 and 5 right ?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Domin 

Here is an example that runs at 8:00 and will retrieve events starting between 9 and 5.  Be sure to set your time zone as appropriate.  You may want to adjust the recurrence to start at 7:59 vs 8:00 - I suspect that starting at 8:00 may miss some events that start exactly at 8:00.

EventReminder2.jpg

Scott
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi again 

I have tried to re-create this and ran a few times, it doesnt seem to return any values when ran, nor send an email. 
I dont think its finding the items.  Maybe i have entered the filters wrong ?

Please see screenshot, maybe i have done soflow.pngmething wrong ?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Domin 

If you run the Flow without your filter, does it return any items?  To test this, put a control terminate action after Get items so that emails don't get sent.  Take a look at the output of Get items - does it show that items were returned or does it just show [ ] ?

Scott
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

So without the filters it just returns 

{
"value": []
}
But it does send the emails. 
Perhaps i have enetred the filters wrong ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (7,514)