cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveRIVZ
Regular Visitor

SharePoint Online to SQL - Insert, Update, AND Delete

Hello. I just literarily started with Power Automate / Flows yesterday and creating a flow that will sync a SharePoint Online list with SQL. I got the creation of new records and update of existing records working. What I don't understand is the Delete piece. Seems like I could create a whole separate flow just for Delete but I don't want to have 2 flows per list. Is it possible to do everything in 1?

Here is what I have now

Existing flow to Insert / UpdateExisting flow to Insert / Update

3 REPLIES 3
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteveRIVZ 

Thank you for posting.

Based to your description, you would like to use create/delete row together within one flow for individual list. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

Actually, that’s possible. The detailed configuration may depend on your requirement for what kind of row you would like to delete.

We got similar situation that some users would like to insert row and keep it for a while. After some time delete that specific row for security policy. Here is an example for your reference. We may need to configure according to your actual situation.

v-duann-msft_0-1620872321542.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

SteveRIVZ
Regular Visitor

Hello

To Clarify - right now the flow starts with "When an item is created or modified"

I saw there was also a separate option for "When an item is deleted"

So my question is how to make a single flow that will basically make the SQL side a mirror of the SharePoint list when any item is Created, Modified or Deleted. Right now I only have the Created and Modified piece working but if someone deletes any record from the SharePoint site then it remains in SQL indefinitely.  I want the flow to delete it but without having to create a separate flow.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Hi @SteveRIVZ 

Thank you very much for your explanation.

If that’s the case, we can’t use automated flow. We should change to recurrence flow and run it maybe per min to check if any item added/modified/deleted from SharePoint and then sync changes to SQL.

Here is the video talking about the scenario you required. The video is related synchronization between excel and SharePoint. But that’s similar if you want to sync with SQL. The author separated all process into several pieces. You just need to watch video in order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnuMFnVATuE

Hope it helps

Best regards,

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (30,080)