cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

SharePoint Site Columns "The required field \"Customer Country\" data type is not supported"

Hi all,

Currently I am 'transforming' old SharePoint Work Flows into Power Automate flows. But now I've come against a problem.

The SharePoint list to which I'm trying to add a Power Automate flow is rather a big one of structure and uses a lot of lookups and Site Columns. I suspect the problem is with the latter ones.

I created 'When an item is created or modified' on the SharePoint list:

Capture.PNG

Now when I created or modified an item, nothing much happened until I came across next warnings:

• In my runs:

Capture.PNG

• When I click on 'Fix the trigger' I get next

Capture.PNG

And the full error:

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "The required field \"Customer Country\" data type is not supported\r\nclientRequestId: 62d3903e-42a4-430d-9c7f-dad8b9f14ef3\r\nserviceRequestId: 62d3903e-42a4-430d-9c7f-dad8b9f14ef3"
}

Someone knows what's going on here? Could it be because the SharePoint list uses Site Columns and does not work with the connector? Or because of lookups that cannot pass through data into the flow?

Help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Ski

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: SharePoint Site Columns "The required field \"Customer Country\" data type is not supported"

Using Site Columns is not a problem.  Standard Lookup columns shouldn't be an issue either unless you have too many (more than about 7).  Is the Customer Country column a field that is associated with a Lookup?  Looking at the output it looks like its pulled in based on a Lookup and is therefore ReadOnly.  I think the error may occur because you are trying to edit the value.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint Site Columns "The required field \"Customer Country\" data type is not supported"

@SkiDK 

Here is a link to another post that supports and expands on what  @Pstork1 has mentioned.

Scott

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Issue got resolved by (indeed) removing a few lookup columns. Changed them to text fields. Although it's not the cleanest fix, it was the cause of the problem.

Thanks @Pstork1 , @ScottShearer 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Using Site Columns is not a problem.  Standard Lookup columns shouldn't be an issue either unless you have too many (more than about 7).  Is the Customer Country column a field that is associated with a Lookup?  Looking at the output it looks like its pulled in based on a Lookup and is therefore ReadOnly.  I think the error may occur because you are trying to edit the value.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Pstork1 , 

Customer Country is a lookup indeed. Here's the setup of the column:

Capture.PNG

You can add or edit an item through custom made forms. Filling in the Country field here in the form becomes the Customer Country. This is a dropdown from a list Active Countries:

Capture.PNG

Then in the list the country you chose there is like next:

Capture.PNG

I'm not sure what you mean with 'trying to edit the value'? 

Thanks very much for the reply!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@SkiDK 

Here is a link to another post that supports and expands on what  @Pstork1 has mentioned.

Scott

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @ScottShearer 

I count 8 lookup-like columns:

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

It's more than 7 but the other posts says you should have no more than 12, so that is in limits. I have another SharePoint list where I have added a flow with the same trigger (on new or modified item) that counts 12 lookup-like columns and that does work fine.

Thanks for your reply!

Ski

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Bump. Can someone help me further? Can't get around the issue.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Issue got resolved by (indeed) removing a few lookup columns. Changed them to text fields. Although it's not the cleanest fix, it was the cause of the problem.

Thanks @Pstork1 , @ScottShearer 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,792)