cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geemadhas
Regular Visitor

SharePoint Trigger "Stop sharing an item or a folder" gives forbidden error

As provided in other blogs, is this feature not supported yet from MS Flow to SharePoint? If yes, what is the alternative approach to stop sharing a folder to set of users?

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@geemadhas 

Stop Sharing an item or folder is available currently.  I just tested and had success.

StopShare.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

I tested it again and i got the same error. I am trying at Account level (Dynamics 365 entity). I tried to change account to Documents (referring your screenshot) and I got bad gateway error. Forbidden.png

@geemadhas 

In the Stop sharing action, you should be referencing the Id column vs ItemId.

You may have other issues as well - you may want to look at the output of the Compose action.  See if it matches what is generated if you manually select a file or folder.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @geemadhas,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

DanyElHoyek
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Same issue. Stop Sharing an item or a folder is always failing with a forbidden error.

The alternative is to use Send HTTP request to SharePoint as following:

FlowUniquePermissions.png

_api/lists/getByTitle('ListTitle')/items(ItemId)/breakroleinheritance(copyRoleAssignments=false,clearSubscopes=true)

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,609)