cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP4249
Helper II
Helper II

SharePoint Update Item Action : Managed Metadata Columns only returning single term

Hi,

I have a flow that is used to collect attachments from a list and copy them to a document library along with all the relevant column data values. There are two managed metadata columns that I need to update the values for, but am only seemingly able to pass the last value to each column - How do I configure to update ALL managed metadata terms from one to another?

Tags.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MP4249 ,

This problem occurs because you set the field to allow multiple selections.

You can refer to the following method to update the two fields, for example, to update the Tags field. You can follow a similar method for the other field.

• Initialize the array variable to store the Tags value contained in the item, traverse the Tags and append the value to the variable in the specified format.
  • Finally, update the file property with variables. The point is to append the value of the managed metadata field in the item to a variable to use.

Image reference:

257.PNG258.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MP4249 ,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what your problem is. Could you provide more details?

If you fill in Value, then it should be updated correctly.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft 

Hi,

The problem is that it only returns a single metadata term - not all that are present in the list.

The 'Create File' related actions are within an 'Apply to each' action and works as expected for all other file properties:

1.png

However, when I try to add the Managed Metadata column values, it further automatically wraps each output in a further 'Apply to each' action which I believe is causing the problem:

2.png

Hope this provides enough information for you to help advise how this should this be configured.

Many thanks,

Mike

Hi @MP4249 ,

This problem occurs because you set the field to allow multiple selections.

You can refer to the following method to update the two fields, for example, to update the Tags field. You can follow a similar method for the other field.

• Initialize the array variable to store the Tags value contained in the item, traverse the Tags and append the value to the variable in the specified format.
  • Finally, update the file property with variables. The point is to append the value of the managed metadata field in the item to a variable to use.

Image reference:

257.PNG258.PNG

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks I got this working by using a variable as advised.

However there is no need for the Append variable action as simply storing the value in a variable works fine.

Thanks

When I update the list item I get the following error: "The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly"

I assume that's because the value in my array needs to include the term GUID.
So instead of sending: [ { "Value": "Equipment" } ]
I need to send: [ { "Value": "Equipment|172509b8-b3d5-434f-8121-5262d382a56f" } ]

How do I get the GUID for the term?

Using the "TaxonomyHiddenList" is not an option because not all terms will be used before being assigned.

Hi,

I have followed all the steps bus still it's storing the last selected managed meta data values in the library. Please assist.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,105)