cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint calendar event emailed to gmail address

Is it possible to use flow to send a SharePoint Calendar event to an external email address?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @derk,

To send a SharePoint calendar event to an external email address, we could try to configure the flow likes below.

Say you are using the trigger “SharePoint – When an item is created”, in the List Name field, enter the calendar name manually. Then add the Send an email action, in the To field, enter the email address for external users, fill the Subject and Body fields with related information.

When a new event is created, an email will be sent out to the user you have specified.

Please take the following screenshot for a reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft Mabel,

Thank you for the reply. What i am looking to accomplish is have a user fill out a calendar event and be able to add an attendee with a gmail address to the event. It would be different addresses and not just a static entry. Also is it possible it would be an entry they can add to thier Google Calendar?

I found the following information on the markup schema Email Markup Event Reservation on Google.

Thanks,

Derek

Okay so i have created this flow so far, but it seems that everytime i create a new entry on the calendar and sends me the previous events also. I am sure it has to do with the Apply to each, but i couldn't just create a send an email action with dynamic content to pull the installer emailer field into the flow. What am i doing wrong?

2018_06_07_10_07_06_.png

I figured out what i was doing wrong. i need to use Get Item instead of Get Items so the email is working correctly.

Now let's say i want to get a resopnse back from them to say they have accepted it. would i need i need to add a condition in for approval?

It still doesn't send a calendar event though. I can click on the date and it to the google calendar that way. Is it possible to send an ics?

Any ideas on how i can send an approval with a calendar event to a gmail address?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (43,866)