cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfielder
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint document library send email

Good Afternoon,

I need some help working out a flow. I am on GCC as I think that matters sometimes.

I have a “bulletin” library that we add documents too and then thanks to new modern experience we have to go back in and edit metadata fields in our library to go along with the bulletins.

The flow I need is once all the metadata is filled out then send an email with the title and summary and a link to the file.

I have a flow set up and put a true/false condition for if the title and summary are changed then true and to send the email but it seems to be sending duplicates now. 

i just added a 10 minute pause but I’m not sure that’s going to delay the email being sent after the metadata is all complete. 

2 REPLIES 2
Jugglerbry

Hi ... I have a SharePoint site which is made up of lists. Within each list is a series of flows which trigger copying of some fields to other lists but also one that sends an email when certain actions are completed.

You could do something similar, so that the flow only triggers when you say so ?

Create a new colum in the library with a simple yes/now choice (default of no)

Using this column get the flow to start when the column is manually changed to yes which will be when all your meta data has been completed etc.

Should work and should have no duplicates. 

Good luck

jfielder
Frequent Visitor

Any other possibilities without having my users check a box(which is a correct solution I may have to go with)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,543)