cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmccool
Helper III
Helper III

SharePoint into Word Premium

I am taking newly entered list items and trying to get them into a word document and then email me the Word document with the items listed; there are 1-15 list items, BUT it sends as many list items in each email. What Am I doing wrong? I have used the repeat process in Word, thought I have Flow set up correctly. Can some one help me with the steps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@nmccool I think it all makes sense now. If your Power App is creating the items, each item it creates is triggering the flow. So, each line/list item then runs the flow. And that is why you were getting multiple emails. You probably want to set this up to trigger some other way, possibly at a set time/schedule. But that depends on how this is supposed to be sent. If it needs to be live, I might suggest creating another list as an email log, once you add the data for the email to sharepoint, then update the new list with an email log (just one time though not with each addition to the sharepoint) then use that to trigger your flow, gather all the data from the list with the data and send the email.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nmccool,

Could you please share a bit more about your flow?

Do you want to only send a single one email with the word document?

I guess that you may add the Send an email action within a loop, you could take it out and make it as a single action.

Best Regards,
Qi

The word doc has multiple lines needed, but it is sendingCapture.JPG an email for each line.  I have the Word doc set up with repeating from Developer

Hi @nmccool

I think you should add a "Create file" action to create the word file so that you could get content from it.

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below:

vqiaqimsft_0-1638500295281.png

vqiaqimsft_1-1638500323644.png

vqiaqimsft_2-1638500600168.png

Best Regards,
Qi

So I tried your flow, and got an error message Capture2.JPG

Also dont understand how to get all the lines from SharePoint to the Word template;Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

Well, I got it down to one email, BUT I am only getting partial info on the word doc, NOT all the info entered into SharePoint (by PowerApps form) Capture6.JPGthis is what is missing from Word. Capture7.JPG

This is the ONLY info that came over into Wordemail.JPG

Hi @nmccool

You should select all the corresponding columns(to the columns from your word template) from the dynamic content.

In addition, please do show me your detailed flow configuration not the whole configuration.

Best Regards,
Qi

It is selected the way its named in the Word template, including repeating columns

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPG 

Can anyone help me?  I CANNOT get all the lines updated from Power Apps to SharePoint and then to get on my Word Template.  I ONLY get the last item entered into Power Apps form 😞

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

I would lose the repeater and just make it a text control (make sure to allow carriage returns in the properties), then change your variable "Daily Report" to a string variable and change the "append to array variable" action to append to string variable and format it as you want it to display in the word document. 

followed your directions; took out repeater out of word, changed variable to a string and removed append to array and replaced with append to string. But still same results; 3 emails with each line entered into Power App and overall details in 3 different email attachments 

@jdoss 

followed your directions; took out repeater out of word, changed variable to a string and removed append to array and replaced with append to string. But still same results; 3 emails with each line entered into Power App and overall details in 3 different email attachments 

string.JPG

jdoss
Resolver III
Resolver III

Do you have some Apply to Each listed. That's the only way I can make sense of why it's sending multiple emails. If you're using information from the "Get Items" action that is listed in the first post then it may have created one automatically, if that is the case, that is where you can build your string variables and add them to the template. If there is not an Apply to each you should expand all of your actions in the flow run review and see if there is anything that could cause that.

@jdoss could it be an issue in my Power App, thats where the info comes from to get into SharePoint?

@nmccool I think it all makes sense now. If your Power App is creating the items, each item it creates is triggering the flow. So, each line/list item then runs the flow. And that is why you were getting multiple emails. You probably want to set this up to trigger some other way, possibly at a set time/schedule. But that depends on how this is supposed to be sent. If it needs to be live, I might suggest creating another list as an email log, once you add the data for the email to sharepoint, then update the new list with an email log (just one time though not with each addition to the sharepoint) then use that to trigger your flow, gather all the data from the list with the data and send the email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,756)