cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabiann
Level: Power Up

SharePoint item: Copy created or updated items to another list

Hi,

Pretty new to Flow, I am trying to copy SharePoint items from one list (A) to another list (B).

So when a new item is created in list (A) it will create in the second list (B).

If the item already exists in list (B), it will update the item in the list (B).

I have followed instructions from there https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4467880/how-to-copy-items-between-two-sharepoint-lists-by-u...

But I cannot make it works...

I am able to reproduce first step:  When an item is created or modified in list (A)

Then second step, I have added Get Items from List (B)

Then added an extra step: Send me an email notification - this works and send me email with the item modified

Then the condition is created as per the exact instructions from MS support above link.

But the item is not created in the list (B) despite the fact the flow is running fine without error.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks
Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint item: Copy created or updated items to another list

The Flow is running without an error because you likely have an issue with your condition.

After your trigger for List 1, and the Get items for List 2 You need to create a condition that checks if the the item from List 1 already exists in List 2 by comparing column data (such as Title). If it does exist, then Update item, if it does not exist, then Create item. It would look something like this: UpdateOrCreateListItemsFromAnotherList.JPG

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,026)