cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YatinMumbai
Level: Powered On

SharePoint library name and column name as condition for Approvers / Approvals

I have 2 Document Libraries in SharePoint Online. Both have different templates but approval is based on a same name column (Region) in each library. So, if region is "West" there is a list of 3 sequential approvers (users). 

Question 1: Is it possible to set approvals based on Region column? There are 5 regions. I read somewhere, this can be done using Switch and storing approvers to variables, but not tried this out.

Question 2: How to create a single Flow that can handle 2 (or more) libraries considering Region column is present in all and subsequent approvers are same for all based on Region?

Question 3: If yes to above, will this be an improvement over Sharepoint Designer Workflow? The solution is working fine with Designer Wf currently but requires several steps as Library names and columns cant be stored and used as variable when updating items; results in creating multiple workflow steps for each library. I am looking for the most optimized solution from a long term perspective.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint library name and column name as condition for Approvers / Approvals

1. You can set approvals on any column data you'd like. You just create a logical expression as the condition 
  2. You just created a flow with nested conditions, see the screenshot of a similar flow of mine below
  3. This isn't really a question for this forum, as this isn't the SharePoint forums. I will say though, in my position we are building all new approvals and workflows with flow, and migrating legacy approvals to flow as well, because it is a more dynamic and polished platform better suited for our jobs

NestedApprovals.png

YatinMumbai
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint library name and column name as condition for Approvers / Approvals

Thanks for your inputs. I will try this out and return with results / comments.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,285)