cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JimmyWork
Level 8

SharePoint list. Send email to end-user when I edit column. Send email to me if end-user adds info in column

Hi

I have a SharePoint column i named Comments (Multiple lines of text)
When I add text in this column it should send an email to the end-user that created the list item from the start.

The end-user then gets a email containing the information i typed in the Comments.

If the user goes into the list item and adda comment in the Comments column the flow should send me an email updating me about the information end-user just added.

If i check the comment column i can see each time i add a comment it shows like this.

MyName (Date i made the comment) TheComment.

So i should be able to pick this up but im struggeling to find out how, i cannot use modifed by only because i do not want to send an email each time the item is modified, only when a new comment is added. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: SharePoint list. Send email to end-user when I edit column. Send email to me if end-user adds info in column

Hi @JimmyWork ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is no triggers or actions to monitor the change of a specific column.

There is a similar idea with your case, you can vote here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-trigger-for-SharePoint-list-columns/idi-p/88...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: SharePoint list. Send email to end-user when I edit column. Send email to me if end-user adds info in column

Hi @JimmyWork ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is no triggers or actions to monitor the change of a specific column.

There is a similar idea with your case, you can vote here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-a-trigger-for-SharePoint-list-columns/idi-p/88...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 286 members 3,593 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: