Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MNixey
Advocate II
Advocate II

SharePoint list - send email multi person column

Hello,

I need some help with the best approach to my requirement. I have a SharePoint list that contains 2 multi person people columns. Column 1 is called 'Project representatives', column 2 is called 'Business representatives'. A single person may appear in multiple rows and possibly in both columns. What I'd like to do is send a single, monthly email to each person in the list advising them of their current allocations as project and business representatives.

I've spent a couple of hours on this and have got nowhere so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be sooooo grateful.

Cheers,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

HI @MNixey 

Let's do this 😀

I created a SharePoint list with both columns to simulate your question.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 12.05.10.png

Since you want to send an email to each person and there can be duplicates, we need to remove them. To do that, we do over both columns and add the unique values to an array variable. After that, you only need to do an "Apply to Each" action on that array and send the emails. 

I've attached a template that you can import with the following:

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 12.09.02.png

Is this what you need?

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

HI @MNixey 

Let's do this 😀

I created a SharePoint list with both columns to simulate your question.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 12.05.10.png

Since you want to send an email to each person and there can be duplicates, we need to remove them. To do that, we do over both columns and add the unique values to an array variable. After that, you only need to do an "Apply to Each" action on that array and send the emails. 

I've attached a template that you can import with the following:

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 12.09.02.png

Is this what you need?

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

View solution in original post

MNixey
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Manuel, thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my slow response. Your answer helped me along nicely thanks. The screenshots were great (I was unable to import your zip file because of the following error). I'll look to investigate that another time 😊. Thanks again.

MNixey_0-1632946534254.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,062)