cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

SharePoint list thumbnail images to HTML

So I'm trying to find the best solution to display multiple images (currently stored as SharePoint list attachments) in HTML/PDF.

I tried it from PowerApps (more info on this thread), but gave up and am now trying to pull off the images directly from my SharePoint list through my flow. 

In the dynamic content of my SharePoint list, there are options 'Thumbnail Small', 'Thumbnail Medium' and 'Thumbnail Large'. There's also 'Thumbnail' which is all 3 sizes. I presume these are the thumbnails for the list attachments. However, even though I have image files in the item attachments that I'm testing out, no images come through in the HTML file. 

HTML referencing SharePoint list itemHTML referencing SharePoint list item

Is there something else I need to do to get this to work? 

2 REPLIES 2
sudharsan1985
Super User
Super User

Hi @calvares 

What is the error you are receiving when you browse the HTML file? Have you checked the image file path returned from SharePoint? Is it a valid full path to the file or server relative url?

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...
calvares
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @sudharsan1985 

I don't receive any errors - it's just that the thumbnail is blank. It seems that thumbnails apply more to document libraries than lists. There is an option called Full Path but I think that's just the server relative url - it's in the format Lists/ListName/ID_.000 

I tried to explore using 'Get attachment content' as this would give me 'AbsoluteUri' which works to display a media file in PowerApps. But I'm getting a file not found error with it. If anyone has ideas on getting this to work, that would be great.

Otherwise I think I'd have to look at a flow to move the attachment files to a SP library then do a lookup to those thumbnails. It seems unnecessarily complicated though!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,535)