cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
geraint
Level: Powered On

SharePoint lookup and choice values causing 'Select' or 'Create HTML table' actions to fail

I'm having a problem with a SharePoint lookup field. The 'Value' property of the field is available in the Dynamic Content options

FlowBuilder.jpg

But it's causing this error when the flow runs: 

The execution of template action 'Select' failed: The template language expression 'item()?['MarketOrGlobalPractice']['Value']' cannot be evaluated because property 'Value' cannot be selected.

FlowError.jpg

I get the same error for Choice fields as well. Could anyone suggest a fix or workaround for this?

Many thanks,

Geraint

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint lookup and choice values causing 'Select' or 'Create HTML table' actions to fail

Hi @geraint,

Could you please share a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Do you change the Lookup column in your SharePoint list after you created your flow?

Further, do you have enabled "Allow multiple values" option for the Lookup column in your SharePoint list?

The error message told that the Value property could not be selected with the Lookup column of your SharePoint list.

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:4.JPG

Note: The Market column is a Lookup column in my SharePoint list, which does not enable the "Allow multiple values" option.

The flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

Please check if you have enabled the "Allow multiple values" option for the Lookup column (same with the Choice column) in your SharePoint list, if yes, please disable the "Allow multiple values" option. 

I have made a test on my side, if I change the Lookup column in my SharePoint list and enable the "Allow multiple values" option for this column, the error would show up as you mentioned:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
geraint
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint lookup and choice values causing 'Select' or 'Create HTML table' actions to fail

Hi Kris,

Many thanks for getting back to me. 

The field does not allow multiple values. But, I've done some further tests and the issue manifests when the lookup field is left blank.

I don't want to make it a required field though, so is there an elegant way of handling this in the 'Flow'?

Many thanks,

Geraint

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 86 members 5,325 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: