cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint "For Selected File" HTTP Request Trigger - Get Current User Logged into SharePoint

Good morning,

Is there a way to return the current user who initiates a flow manually from a SharePoint Library or List? I am trying to build a flow that will validate if the user currently logged in is the same as a Person listed in a library column.

Use case screenshot:

1. Document is selected in SP Library.

2. Flow is selected from menu.

3. appropriate flow is selected (in red).

What I would like is for the flow to validate if the user logged in (upper yellow) is the same as the Document Owner specified in the column data (lower yellow)

image.png

The flow I have set up so far is as follows:

image.png

The problem is that "Get My Profile" only applies to the user who created the flow step (or is otherwise statically assigned within the flow) and is not dynamic to the user who initiates the flow. I played with "Get User Profile" but the I can't find how to capture the user ID at the time of flow initiate and pass that along as a parameter.

I feel like there should be a simple, straightforward solution, but I've spent several days scouring forums and articles and can't find anything.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: SharePoint "For Selected File" HTTP Request Trigger - Get Current User Logged into Sha

I thought that For Selected File is not available to use so far, isn;t it?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SharePoint "For Selected File" HTTP Request Trigger - Get Current User Logged into Sha

No, it's available and I'm using it successfully in several flows. It's the functionality outlined in red in my screenshots, and is working just fine. It's the part in orange that I'm asking about.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,219)