cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarquinc

SharePoint's "Create File" Action Output Replaces Colons w/ Underscores

Hello all,

Please forgive me if this is a simple question, I'm fairly new to Power Automate and learning as I go.

I'm currently building a fairly simple flow that waits for an email to be received to a specific mailbox, a 3rd-party connector converts the email body + any attachments to a PDF, and then that PDF is saved to a SharePoint site for archiving and referencing purposes. The title of each file is simply the email Subject with the date received appended using an expression.

My problem is that the SharePoint "Create File" action converts any colons in the email Subject to underscores prior to saving the file to SharePoint, and this outcome is undesirable. See below.

PA_Screenshot1.jpgSharePoint does not currently offer any sort of "Change Filename" action, and I'm at a loss as to how to rectify this problem. I'm relatively technologically savvy but not a programmer by any means, and many solutions involving HTTP workarounds usually go over my head except when explained step-by-step in detail.

Is there a simple connector, action, or expression I'm missing that would easily rectify this? And if not, what solutions (if any) are out there that aren't overly tedious just to change a single character in a file name?

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,445)