cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveRIVZ
Regular Visitor

SharePoint to SQL Flow Issue with Created and Modified fields

I am trying to create a flow (first time) that transfers data from a SharePoint Online list to a SQL table.

There are 2 issues I am dealing with which is that I can't map Created and Modified fields from SharePoint to the respective fields in SQL which are both datetime types.

When I click into other SQL text (varchar) fields to pick the SharePoint field then I see Created and Modified. However when I go to Created or Modified then those 2 no longer show up as available fields? Why? Are they not 'datetime' format so they disappear because they don't match the SQL field datatype? How do I map those fields?

Also, how do I insert the current date time value into my Last_Import_Date field in SQL? If I was running that import in SQL then I would insert GETDATE()

(I want date/time value in my timezone)

Everything else works fine

SteveRIVZ_0-1668630244268.png

2 REPLIES 2
SudeepGhatakNZ
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@SteveRIVZ ,

Please take a try with expression below:

convertToUtc(items('Apply_to_each')?['Created'], 'GMT Standard Time')
If my suggestion helped you, please give it a Thumbs up and mark it as a Solution so that it can benefit others in the community.

Hi - your suggested expression resulted in an error but it was helpful either way because it led me to this:

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Created'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss')

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Modified'],'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss')

I didn't even know how to get the Created and Modified fields out of the 'Apply to Each' loop container into the expression and your answer helped with that. Here is the error that your expression resulted in:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Insert_row_(V2)' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language function 'convertToUtc' expects its second parameter to be a time zone matching the time zone indicated by the timestamp. The provided value '(UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London' is not valid or does not match the timestamp '2021-01-05T19:58:25.0000000Z'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#ConvertToUtc for usage details.'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,741)