Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan-101
Helper V
Helper V

SharePoint user report

Hi all,

Is it possible to create a flow that will provide a weekly report in PDF for each user for all SharePoint sites?

6 REPLIES 6
SkinnyPete
Frequent Visitor

Yes, with flow you can create a pdf and yes, with flow you can send an email to users.  But there are a couple of things you need to think about:

1)  Currency of the data you are putting into your email.  By that I don't mean monetary currency, I mean the second you put data into a pdf, it is stale.  Then you email it out and it sits in a user's inbox until they read it, reducing the validity of the data you went to all the trouble you did to create the pdf and send it out.  Consider first is there a better mechanism (Power BI for example) for them to consume your report

2)  If point 1 above is not possible, you need to be a bit more specific about what is going into the pdf.  That makes it easier for someone to give you a considered answer, based on experience perhaps.

Once you have thought about it a bit more, come back with some specifics ans someone may be able to help you. 

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I would like to create report in pdf of all the documents edited/ modified/ deleted/ created within SharePoint per user each week.

Is this possible?

SkinnyPete
Frequent Visitor

Again, it is possible, but all that information is available on the Site Usage page, where it will always be current.  I can't see any value in the pdf or the email to be honest.

Thanks for the response.

Do you know the process to set this up?

SkinnyPete
Frequent Visitor

Hmmmm, sorry, I may have got a bit excited about the capabilities of Site Usage.  That's more about document views rather than the detail you are looking for.  I will do some more research and get back to you.

Thanks very much 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,112)