cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JollyDodo
Frequent Visitor

Shared Email box keeps triggering on old mails (ideas about what could be the issue?)

Hey,

I have a flow that should trigger when a new email is received in a shared email box. I've first tested this on a newly created shared email box and then converted it to the shared email that is being used in a production environment. The only problem is that the flows keeps triggering on old emails. So when I turn it on, it will immediately start running dozens of time and I quickly shut it down.

I really have no idea about what could be the issue. Does anybody have an idea? (certain settings/outlook rules that trigger things?).

I've already removed almost everything from the flow in order to troubleshoot. So what I basically do is:

1. check if an email is received

2. initialize a variable with a timestamp and check if it was received today for debugging reasons (always the case. So flow seems to think that the email are actually being sent to the mailbox right now).

3. terminate the flow

JollyDodo_0-1612433313008.png

I trigger on the standard 'postvak in/inbox' folder.

I'm really out of ideas so any input is appreciated. 😉 

1 REPLY 1
JollyDodo
Frequent Visitor

I've been able to replicate the issue/establish the fault. Let's say you receive 5 emails today in your shared email box when the flow was off. If you now enable the flow and receive a 6th email, it will trigger on all 5 old emails. There seems to be a limit to this (a day?), because very old emails in my test box are not triggered. I've issued this question to the support department. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (82,343)