cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mabster
Level: Powered On

Shared Mailbox Aliases

Hi gang,

I have a flow that is triggered by "When new email arrives in a shared mailbox".

This particular shared mailbox has several aliases (it's used as a drop point for EDI partners) so I'd like the trigger to only run if the "to" address on the email was to a specific email alias.

When I try to filter on the "to" address, though, the flow doesn't run. It seems that by the time the flow sees the message arrive, the "to" address is the shared mailbox's primary address rather than the alias.

Is there a way to preserve the email alias that the message was sent to and trigger a flow using that? Has anyone pulled that off?

Cheers,
Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Shared Mailbox Aliases

Hi @mabster,

Could  you provide more details of your configuration triggers?

Do you want to fill in the specified alias in the To field. Flow will only be triggered due to the alias in To is the specified alias.

Please note that the To field must be filled with an email address. If there are multiple email addresses, separate them with a semicolon.

I am afraid that if you use aliases here, Flow will not work properly.

Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
mabster
Level: Powered On

Re: Shared Mailbox Aliases

Hi Barry,

You are correct - I would like the trigger to only fire if the incoming email was addressed to a specific alias for the shared mailbox. I think you're right - by the time the email arrives in the mailbox the "to" address has already been changed to the real address of the mailbox and is no longer the alias. I think perhaps this is not possible.

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 157 members 6,220 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: