Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buro2020
Helper II
Helper II

Sharepoint Column information in an email

Hi all,

I have a flow I have built; it works well and does exactly what I want it to do, up to a point.

Basically, my flow will automatically send an email when a item is create in a specified sharepoint folder. I have a column which is called 'note', this is a quick edit column where I can type in extra information if needed, however it is usually consists of more than one short paragraphs.

When the flow runs and sends the email, it doesn't automatically place line breaks, so you get one large paragraph.

Is there a way to force it to do line/paragraph breaks?

6 REPLIES 6
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @buro2020,

You could use the replace() function to replace these "\n" in the note into "<br>" to line breaks the paragraph.

Or, you could set the multiple column to use enhanced rich-text, then the output of the note column is HTML code, it could be inserted in Send email action and have line break tags automatically.Annotation 2020-07-09 102244.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Lin Tu,

I don't have an option for rich text in the column edit settings for the sharepoint I am using.

not sure how to use the replace function?

Wayne

Hi @buro2020,

For example:

replace(outputs('Compose'),'\n','<br>')

Annotation 2020-07-09 172519.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

my flow worked for about 2 minutes. I have given up on the paragraph, I just put the notes into the column but it doesn't always send out the column data in an email, I know I have to quick edit the column to put the metadata in the column, and I do have a delay on sending out the email, but it won't put the data in the email, so I am at a loss.

Hi @buro2020,

Could you share your Flow configuration? Which position of the delay action located?

Best Regards,

hi, see below

flow1.JPGflow2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,643)