cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hhlau

Sharepoint Copying File One to Another

Hi Guys, I would Like to ask, is there any ways to copy a files into subfolder based on a files names. I have this subfolder on another sharepoint, which contains the file signed by my Bosses(photo 1) and I needed to copy the signed file based on the file names (first 3-4 digits on the file) into my own project sharepoint library(photo 2). 

hhlau_0-1659777845816.png

For example, after i prepared the file for signature like the 444) Geonamic (jul22) COP 02 named file below for my bosses e-signature, after my boss sign, he will create one sub-folder (inside the photo 1) and move the signed file and rename it eg: 444) Geonamic (jul22) COP 02 (TKY). After that i will need to copy the signed-file manually into my project sharepoint library(photo 2) which is also under subfolder in my sharepoint library.

hhlau_1-1659777983666.png

And my question is how do i set the slow condition to copy the files based on a folder/subfolder at the sharepoint, and the first 3-4 digits file name to another folder/ subfolder thats contain the same first 3-4 digits that is in my another sharepoint library.
Remarks : the photo showns is under my local computer instead of the browser version because i already synced it to my computer.
Please also forgive me if i doesnt interpret correctly... thanks

1 REPLY 1
Rhiassuring
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you identify where a file starting with COP_04, or COP_02 is filed? Yes. The easiest way? A list with a column for the key term (COP_02, COP_04, etc) and then a column for the folder path it belongs in. Then all you need do when something is modified is check the first 5 characters, query the list for it, and retrieve the matching folder. Use that as your path.

For the signature part -  you're saying you want to rename it and move it again. So I suspect that the first thing you'd do in your flow is check if the last 5 characters in the filename include 2 brackets. If so, then it should go to the project folder. If not, then it should go via the matrix.

That's a start...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,194)