Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedericoSalvat
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint Create File issue

Hi all,

Environment: Sharepoint 2013 On-Premises; On-Premises data gateway

I have a simple Flow that move a pdf file from a document library to another document library in the same site of a sharepoint 2013 On-Premises, using On-Premises data gateway for the connection.

The flow works well for files with size less then 3MB, but for those greater then 3MB I'm getting a 502 error "BadGateway" - "Gateway on endpoint ... is unreachable".

Anyone can help?

Thanks

FlowCreateFileError001.PNGFlow Design

FlowCreateFileError.PNGFlow error

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint Create File issue

Hi @FedericoSalvat,

Error 502 means that the failure is temporary, have you tried to resubmit the run to see if it will work?

What’s the maximum limit of on-premises SharePoint?

The maximum limit of flow has been increased to 100 MB for a single Message/File, while if the service flow connects to only supports 3 MB, then that is the maximum limit for that service.

Here is a doc on Limits and configuration of flow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config

There is a blog on how to increase the maximum upload size in SharePoint for your reference:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sammykailini/2013/11/06/how-to-increase-the-maximum-upload-size-...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FedericoSalvat

Hi Mabel,

thanks for your reply.

I tried to resubmit the Flow but it fails each time with same error (only for files with size greater than 3MB).
We have 2047 MB of Maximum upload size on our on-premises SharePoint, in fact I can upload the file (in error through Flow) in the destination document library manually without error.

I wonder if there are some limitations in the application "On-premises data gateway", I'm doing some research but I've not found anything yet.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Regards
Federico

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FedericoSalvat,

Thanks for updating.

I am trying to find out some related docs on limitations on on-premises gateway, I will back to you once I got any updates for you.

By the way, have you created a high availability cluster of on-premises data gateways?

Please check the following blog for a reference and take a try with it:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/gateway-high-availability-for-powerapps-and-flow/ 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FedericoSalvat

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Thank you for your effort!

No, I have a simple on-premises data gateway.

I built a cluster reading your article by adding a new gateway (installed even in the SharePoint server) but the same error persists.

I've just opened a ticket with Microsoft Support, I will give you updates as soon as I have them.

Of course any other advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Best regards

Federico

FedericoSalvat

Microsoft finally concluded that there is a Gateway limitation for the incoming files.

They said that a fix will be implemented but they do not have an ETA for that Smiley Sad

I'm trying to find an alternative solution... any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards

Federico

jake

Still waiting for that fix, or more information. We are hitting the same limitation pushing content from 0365 to on-premise SharePoint. Nothing over 3 MB works over the Data Management Gateway, clustered or otherwise. We have a support ticket in with MS, as well. 

If the limit of the DMG is 20 MB (or 30 MB as I've heard in other places) then I suspect we are getting 502 BAD GATEWAY due to chunking.

Hard to believe that we can only pass one floppy disk worth of data per call over the DMG. It's 2019...

2019-07-29_14-53-22.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 154 members 4,453 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: