cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhulse
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Email when Task not Completed

I'm working on this as part of a more complex Flow, but I don't understand why this part isn't working.

As far as I can tell this should only send an email if the Task is not marked Completed. But it is sending the email even if the Task is marked completed. 

I'm receiving an email for every task, when I should only be receiving emails for Tasks 1-4.

Inkedscreencapture-us-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-Default-170797d8-2df5-431b-99a1-c4f2160d543b-flows-1d9d313e-d91a-495c-8e44-957700eba8a2-2018-06-06-10_18_55_LI.jpgCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ mhulse,

There is something wrong in your Condition.

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:

The "Task Status"  column is a choice type column, please choose the "Task Status Value" dynamic content in the first field of the Condition,and fill in value "Completed" in the Second field of the Condition.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ mhulse,

There is something wrong in your Condition.

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:

The "Task Status"  column is a choice type column, please choose the "Task Status Value" dynamic content in the first field of the Condition,and fill in value "Completed" in the Second field of the Condition.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

Thank you so much, that worked! I was so frustrated!

Markusr
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys,

I am working to replicate this flow, but apparently something was changed in handling the "assigned to" function, because its not working for me.

First my flow:

flowflow

The get items are working, those we verified with the output.

Here the error:

ExpressionEvaluationFailed. The execution of template action 'Apply_to_each_2' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@items('Apply_to_each')?['AssignedTo']' is of type 'Object'. The result must be a valid array.

error of the flowerror of the flow

Markusr
Frequent Visitor

I found the issue for me now.

The problem was, that my "assigned to" on the SharePoint list was disabled for "multiples". Therefore the error occured.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,316)