cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Niko
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint For a selected item: Yes/No output

Hello! So I'm trying to set up a system where a user can click an item in a Sharepoint list and send an email with a link to one of three people. I want the user to be able to select which of those three people to send the link to. 

Right now, the trigger for my flow is "For a selected item". Part of that step is three outputs, each of which is a "yes/no" button labeled with the name of a recruiter. When the user selects a list item and chooses to run the flow "Send to Recruiter", they can click on the buttons to choose which recruiter they want and then run the flow.

2018-08-20 (2).png

The goal is to make it so that whichever recruiter the user selects will get an email. My problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I tried setting a condition, but there doesn't seem to be an option that recognizes the buttons.

I figured there must be a way to do this. What's the point of even having these buttons if they don't do anything?

Please note I have next to no coding experience, so if the solution involves coding, please walk me through it.

Niko 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint For a selected item: Yes/No output

Hi @Niko,

You could add a parallel branch under the "Get item" action, and add there Condition in each branch to check if the "yes/no" button is true as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Niko,

You could add a parallel branch under the "Get item" action, and add there Condition in each branch to check if the "yes/no" button is true as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Niko

Thank you so much! I tried setting the condition to "yes", but I didn't even think of trying "true". I'll give it a shot.

Thank you!!!

Niko

Niko

Thank you! It worked!

Niko

Niko

@v-yuazh-msft Thank you so much for your help with this project! I thought since you've seen my flow and were able to help me last time you might be able to help me here too.

I showed my flow to my superiors and they liked it, but they had one concern. What if the recruiter is alerted that there is a form waiting for them in Sharepoint for them to complete (which is the purpose of this flow), but doesn't act on it in a timely manner and the form is forgotten? I was asked if there was a way to set up some kind of alert system that would remind the intended recruiter that they have a form waiting for them in Sharepoint.

Does such functionality exist in Microsoft Flow? Do you have any suggestions for how I could accomplish this?

One idea I had was to set the trigger to be "whenever a file is added to this folder in Sharepoint". The trigger would start a timer. If no changes are made to that file within 48 hours, the person who uploaded it would get an email alerting them that the file hasn't been touched. 

The only issue with this is, while this would alert the person who uploaded the file, I don't know how it would alert the recruiter the file was intended for.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time,

Niko

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 204 members 4,755 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: