Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NativeNass_
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint Get Items error 'pagination policy'

Hi All

I have a fairly big problem here: 

- In some flows, I can turn on pagination and change the threshold for the 'Get Items' connector in SharePoint to 100k without any error messages, and when I test it, I indeed can get much more item from my SP list.

However, I have built a flow which upload items to a SharePoint list (this list will never exceed 30k items), but the flow needs to check if the ID column is already present in SharePoint, If so, it needs to update the record and not create a new.

Now all of a sudden, when I try to change the Threshold and turn on pagination, it gives me the error that I cannot exceed 5000 items.

NativeNass__0-1654867326534.png

This completely ruins my solution...

Please help

Thank you in advance and kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NativeNass_ ,

I guess that's caused by your standard license i.e. M365 E3 Subscription.

If you create an automitic flow or scheduled flow , all actions in this flow use your connections. Because you don't have a premium license, the pagination maxium is 5K.

If you create an instant flow or powerapps flow,  all actions in this flow use user's connections. If this user who triggers this flow has a premium license ,the pagination maximum is 100K. 

Since I don't have a standard license, I can't test it for you. This is just my guess, hope it helps you.

Finally, although you can't use pagination for some types of flows, there are many tutorials online for getting over 5000 items.

https://alextofan.com/2019/08/22/how-to-get-more-than-5000-item-from-sharepoint-online-in-flow

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NativeNass_ ,

Could you check your license?

I found the limitation between license and pagination setting.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1655175451426.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1655175471442.png

Just some assumptions:

1\ The flow that can set pagination to 100k is not created by you.

2\ The flow that can be paginated to 100k was created when you had a premium license in the past.

3\ Bug. (I suggest you open a support ticket)

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Hi @v-xiaochen-msft 

Well, I have a normal M365 E3 Subscription.

I have done some further testing, whenever I use the trigger in power automate as 'When a file is created' in OneDrive or SharePoint, I cannot save it with the threshold to the maximum.

When I use an instant manual trigger, I can change the threshold without problems.

I now have the trigger that the requests comes from PowerApps and it does let me save the flow already without issues but still need to test it.

The problem only seems to occur when I integrated in a scheduled flow with the SharePoint trigger...

Kind regards

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NativeNass_ ,

I guess that's caused by your standard license i.e. M365 E3 Subscription.

If you create an automitic flow or scheduled flow , all actions in this flow use your connections. Because you don't have a premium license, the pagination maxium is 5K.

If you create an instant flow or powerapps flow,  all actions in this flow use user's connections. If this user who triggers this flow has a premium license ,the pagination maximum is 100K. 

Since I don't have a standard license, I can't test it for you. This is just my guess, hope it helps you.

Finally, although you can't use pagination for some types of flows, there are many tutorials online for getting over 5000 items.

https://alextofan.com/2019/08/22/how-to-get-more-than-5000-item-from-sharepoint-online-in-flow

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Hi @v-xiaochen-msft 

Thank you for your quick response.

However, quick question:

If you create an instant flow or powerapps flow,  all actions in this flow use user's connections. If this user who triggers this flow has a premium license ,the pagination maximum is 100K. 

Is there a reference somewhere because at the moment, this isn't displayed in my flow, but it would be a huge problem. So basically, without notice, i would only retrieve 5k items instead of 100k, despite it being configured to 100k in my flow without error message?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NativeNass_ ,

Unfortunately I can't test it for you because I don't have a standard license and I didn't find more info in the official documentation.

Actually I'm curious about the result...

Could you make a simple test? If you have a list of 6000 items and create an instant flow and set the pagination to 100K, will it get 5000 items or 6000 items?   🙂

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Hi @v-xiaochen-msft 

This does seem to work fine. I ran this flow on the account with the M365 E3 subscription, with no additional Power Automate premium license.

NativeNass__0-1655188875147.png

This might solve the use case for me 😛

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,871)