cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
oddbjornolsen
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Get items : 'The API operation 'GetItems' is missing required property 'body/value/8/Title'.'

Getting this error message on a seemingly simple use of the "Get items" actions;

The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Get_items' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetItems' is missing required property 'body/value/8/Title'.'

 

Filter Query : <Tekstfield> eq null 

Using top Count : 10 (while testing)

 

 

8 REPLIES 8
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

 

Your Filter query is incorrectly configured in the GET ITEMS action.

 

Can you please let me know the type of the Column <Tekstfield> is , is it a Text or Date or Choice type column ?

 

Awaiting response...

 

 

It is defined as Number. The intent of the flow is to use Update item further down in the flow to populate this field with a value based on an expression.

yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team, This worked just fine for me and also returned the correct values for me, see below

 

 

yashkamdar_0-1600430557419.png

 

 

 

Capture.PNG

 

 

I think the issue you are facing is that you are not correctly passing in the name of your column.

 

Can you copy the Internal name of your column and pass that in the query. 

 

You can find the name of the column in the List settings -> Columns -> Click on the column

 

 

yashkamdar_1-1600430667524.png

 

 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank u for follow-up. The name is correct and to be on the safe side I now tried to remove the query and it still fails with the same error message.

 

As there is reference to Title in the error message I checked that it is there w/its standard field name and defined as required.

 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue. Turns out I had a hidden column, that had been made mandatory, but which had no values it it. Once I took that off, the flow worked correctly.

kwas
Frequent Visitor

Solved a similar issue by

1. changing the Title field to Optional (from Required),

2. then rebuilt the Get Items step in Power Automate.

Here's the error message I received to start this adventure:

The API 'sharepointonline' returned an invalid response for workflow operation 'Get_items' of type 'OpenApiConnection'. Error details: 'The API operation 'GetItems' is missing required property 'body/value/2/Title'.'
Hope this helps someone.

This solved my issue. Thank you 🙂

ManiLive
Advocate I
Advocate I

Looks like Microsoft has fixed this issue with SharePoint - Get Items action.  I came across this issue recently with an old flow. 

 

When I created a new flow with the same action, the issue did not appear, even though I had a record with an empty Title value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,084)