cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Sharepoint List Appointment to Outlook Appointment

I've already created a Sharepoint list that connects to a power app and to excel sheet. 

An outside sales rep creates a prospect (potential customer) inside of the PowerApp that is tied to the SharePoint list.  This list contains contact info and notes.  An inside sales rep then follows up with a phone call to schedule onsite appointment.  The SharePoint list has a column to set an appointment date.

I'd like to create a flow that then creates an outlook appointment for that date for the outside sales rep based on what was inputted in the SharePoint list.

Please help, still new to all this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Sharepoint List Appointment to Outlook Appointment

Hey @bmurphy1 

You can use the below expression to check if the particular field value is null or not and trigger the flow only if that value is not null. 

@not(empty(triggerBody()?['CurrentStatus']))

Here, CurrentStatus is the name of the column that I am checking is not null and you can replace that with the column name you want to check on. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @bmurphy1 

One of the best ways to do this according to me is, create another column in SP list named event ID. this need not be visible to everyone. 

You can try using the trigger, "When an item is created or modified in SharePoint" trigger and then add a trigger condition to check if the date column for the appointment date is null or not (get started with trigger conditions here https://siddharthvaghasia.com/2019/08/06/trigger-ms-flow-on-condition-based-on-columns-value-with-sh...)

And then get the item to check if the event id is empty or not (if empty means the appointment is not yet created and i am assuming that there will be a unique appointment)

and if not empty, create an outlook event with the above details. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Normally the appointment date cell is null.  Is there a way to trigger it once it get's filled out?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @bmurphy1 

You can use the below expression to check if the particular field value is null or not and trigger the flow only if that value is not null. 

@not(empty(triggerBody()?['CurrentStatus']))

Here, CurrentStatus is the name of the column that I am checking is not null and you can replace that with the column name you want to check on. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,414)